ONE

CHAPTER ONE!
- to hogwarts

'all we have is now'

⋆ ⭑ ☆ ⭑ ⋆

To say that Florence Valentine was in a rush was a complete understatement. Her room was an absolute mess, clothes and books were scattered across the floor as she hopped around frantically trying to find her left shoe. Not only had she lost her shoe, but the blonde girl had also misplaced her ancient runes textbook which to some people wouldn't be a big deal; however, Professor Bane was very very scary!

When her room wasn't such a mess (to the point where the carpet was practically invisible), it was comforting and warm, much like her common room, and painted a dusty pink colour. Many posters of her favourite bands and wizard celebrities adorned the wall. Her favourite celebrity obviously being Grant Lee (who was quite the heartthrob), his poster was opposite her bed, and he always winked and blew kisses her way. As well as the many pictures of the wizi-celebrities, the blonde Valentine had numerous photos of her family and friends, who all smiled back at her from the dark brown chest of draws next to her bed. Another wall was filled entirely with her bookshelf, which was definitely one of her most prized possessions. Especially all of the muggle books she accumulated over the years. Her favourite book of all time is Pride and Prejudice. And of course, being a Hufflepuff and all, the windowsill was filled with various plants and flowers, from Mimbulus Mimbletonias to the Flitterbloom, to her favourite the Floating Cactus.

Nevertheless, Florence has quite the affinity for losing things, which she blames on her parents for giving her the bad genes. And this is why she finds herself panicking on the morning of the first day back to her last year at Hogwarts because she can't find her left shoe!

"Florence, darling, are you ready?" The sweet voice of her mother, Catherine Valentine, called from the hall. Her mother was a short, plump woman with greying blonde hair and glasses framing her warm, round face.

"Have you seen my left shoe, it appears to have run away!" Florence called back, extremely out of breath.

Catherine Valentine entered her daughters' room to find her emptying the entire contents of her school trunk. With an amused sigh from the plump woman, she started to help the very frantic seventh year find her shoe, which happened to be underneath her Hufflepuff scarf (something she did almost forget too!)

After repacking her trunk, for the third time that morning,  Florence followed her mother down the stairs to find her father, Henry Valentine, stood waiting for them with slightly furrowed eyebrows and a frown because they were most likely (definitely) going to be late.

Henry Valentine was a tall, greying man with caramel brown hair and bright green eyes. He had two passions in this world; writing stories, and his family one of his greatest achievements.

"Darling we are a bit short for time, so if you're done, we definitely need to get a move on." Florence's father responded, checking his watch for probably the hundredth time that morning.

Nodding to her father to let him know that she was all packed and ready, Henry led the trio out the front door and towards the light blue car in the driveway.

The morning wind was crisp as the three Valentines stepped outside and over to the car. Henry helped Florence put her trunk into the back of the car which was quite tricky considering it felt like she had packed two houses in there. After putting away the luggage, the Valentines were ready to depart for Kings Cross Station when Florence suddenly had a look of pure terror painted on her face, "Oh merlin! I didn't pack my lucky green socks; you know the ones with the kiwis on!" The blonde girl exclaimed to her family, who were already waiting in the car with stern, yet amused, looks on their faces.