Part 13

"But miss, i'm not allowed to go in there, what if someone sees me?". She pulled something from behind her back. "Thats why you're gonna wear this mask". She said showing me a beautiful white, with gold details mask that would match the long blue-ish dress."I-i don't know about this". I said putting my head down. She sighed and sat down next to me.

"If you're worried about what the King will do, don't worry, i'll handle everything". She lifted my head up with her finger. "Now i want you to put that dress on go up there". She stood up and walked to the door. "I have to go now otherwise they're gonna look for me". She gave me a smile. "I can't wait to see you". She walked out theroom and closed the door.

I walked up to the dress. "It's beautiful". I said to myself. Am i really gonna risk my and sunghoons life? How did the Queen even know? I could hear the music from upstairs. Taking a deep breath, i picked up the dress and put it on. It fits perfectly. Pinning my hair up and apply some light make up. So this is what it feels like to be a princess?

The last thing was the mask. I picked it up and put it on. I walked to the mirror and didn't even recognize myself anymore. I let out a giggle. I slowly walked out of the maidsroom and went upstairs. Making sure no one saw me leaving. I arrived at the main hall, and already saw a lot of people walk in and out of the ballroom.

I tried to calm myself down and feel less nervous. You can do this. I walked to the ballroom and it was full of people with stunning outfits. I couldn't recognize anyone because of the masks. Looking up i saw the King, Queen, Sunghoon and miss Kim stand at the top of the big stairs.

As soon as the Queen saw me. I saw a smile grow on her face. I gave a smile back and walked around the ballroom. Not knowing what to do. I sat down on one of the chairs at a table. I could see sunghoon from where i sat. He didn't look happy at all. Miss Kim kept clinging onto him. "Why is a beautiful lady like you sitting here all alone?".

I looked next to me and saw a young man sit next to me. I ignored him not wanting to talk to him. I turned back to look at sunghoon. "Interested in the prince i see?". The man said. I just sighed. Can't he just leave? I heard him clear his throat. "My bad, i didn't even introduce myself". He held his hand out and said "the name is choi, choi Yeonjun".

I looked at his hand and looked away again. He awkwardly took his hand away and scratched the back of his neck. I let out a giggle. "I see you're not really up for a small talk, hope you don't mind me sitting here". "Just do whatever you want".
"So she does talk". He came closer to me. I couldn't see his face well because of his mask, but i gotta say he does have beautiful eyes.

I nodded my head. "So why did you come here?". "Probably the same reason as why you came here". I said, nothing saying what i'm really doing here. "I came here because my parents made me attend". "That makes two of us". I said quietly. I looked back up to the stairs and didn't see the royal family anywhere. I looked around the ballroom trying to find them.

"Are you looking for someone?". Yeonjun asked. I didn't answer him and kept looking around. Suddenly the music stopped and all the lights went out. A spotlight shined on the royal family. The king was holding a mic and the Queen, Sunghoon and miss Kim stood next to him.
"Good evening everyone, today you're all here to celebrate my wife and i anniversary".

He held a little speech and raised his glass of champagne. "Let's make a wonderful evening". The music went back on and everyone got on the dance floor.
Yeonjun and I stood up and he held his hand out. "You wanna dance?". I shook my head. "No thank you". With that i walked away. Looking for sunghoon, i saw him sitting all alone.

Suddenly i felt someone hold my arm. It was the Queen. "Go up to him now". "Where is miss Kim?". "I told her to do something". She gave me a smile and let go of my arm. I walked up to sunghoon and sat behind him. He didn't look at me and just looked at his hands. I stayed silent for some time. Finally having the courage, i said "i'm sorry for what happened".

He lifted his head up, but not turning around. It was like he was trying to figure out who i was. "It was all my fault". He slowly turned around and looked into my eyes. "I'm sorry i couldn't be by your side tonight". After a second, he realized who was sitting infront of him.

"Y/n?"