" Habeebah was one of your mothers bestfriends Zaki.." Okay that took an extremely different turn. " You see right from start, Habeebah was a cheat, she never liked to settle down. She can like someone for his looks and money, marry him, dupe him and flee even if she had a child with that person. She has done this to countless men, aborted their children, embezzled all their money without traces leading to her. Back then, your mother used to tell me about her, but I never actually got to see her face to face. Your mother used to say that she was a nice and shy woman but obsession for money turned her into something entirely different"

" How I met Habeebah was during this particular time that I went to Abuja to see one of my doctor friends, there was a fire incident in their house and Ameerah was the only one there and she survived. When I saw Ameerah in the hospital, like I felt so touched cause she looked so skinny and Habeebah wasn't even around to rescue her daughter. It was their neighbours that saved Ameerah then, so I paid for her bills and all. Habeebah came on the night of the incident and that's when I started getting to know her, she was nice to me. We were cool" woah. " I received a call one day saying a couple of men wanted to see me and talk to me, they were men that Habeebah scammed. Some managed to get back on their feet while the minority are still struggling. So they told me all what she did and that they wanted to punish her y'know but they have no evidence to bring her down. So I had a splendid idea that was going to help Ameerah and these men"

" I made Habeebah fall in love with me after putting two and two together under a month, married her and brought Ameerah under my care. If we had just found a way to put Habeebah behind bars, Ameerah would be taken to an orphanage so I married Habeebah so I could be her legal guardian as well. I knew Ameerah went through alot when I heard stories from these men so I put it upon me to take care of her and I'm doing a good job. Now, Habeebah thinks she's stealing from me but we constructively made sure that the account she's stealing from is disguised as an account from Alims but meanwhile, we linked the bank account to government funds. Some of the men she scammed are working for the government so they made it possible. She has been stealing bit by bit from the government since she came into our lives and when it has reached a certain maximum, we'll make the police aware and she'll have no where to run to. There are tons of evidence against her now so she can't hide" Wow.

I understand everything now.
He's doing all this for Ameerah's sake and also to help the people that Habeebah has duped. " That's wonderful"

" Sure, the men don't care about getting their money back, all they care is that she's put in jail for life. So I'm more than sorry for putting you in harms way Zaki, I only wanted to help these people"

" Don't worry daddy, don't apologise. I'm sorry for being angry without hearing what you had to say and I'm more than happy that you found a way to help these people, most especially Ameerah, she really deserves it"

" Yeah, she's a nice girl. And don't worry, all this is going to come to an end very soon" Daddy says, taking my hands in his. " In Sha Allah, very soon"

" I knew I couldn't stop you this morning, and I wanted you to find your answers and help Ameerah as well. She deserves to be reunited with someone who truly loves her, I just need to make sure all the questions in your head are clarified and that you have no doubts as well" Daddy says, gently caressing my cheek. " I'm clear on everything now daddy and I'm so proud of you" I say and wrap my arms around him, giving him a tight hug. " Thank you Zaki, no one else should know about this okay?"

" Sure Daddy don't worry, my lips are sealed"

The rest of the night went by quickly, after eating dinner, Daddy showed me pictures of the apartment he rented for us girls, it's going to be 6 of us, me and my besties, Ameerah and her besties as well. It's a two bedroom apartment, enough to fit three in a room. He got a designated driver for us, and yes our plane tickets. Everything else will be settled in Dubai.
Ameerah came home late with a box of 8 filled doughnuts and Habib yogurt with fura. I, she and Daddy feasted on it while we talked more, happily.
Without having to deal with Habeebah and her devilish persona.

Falling For Haneef On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara