Chapter 3- You've Grown

"It's been a while."

Anne stopped at the voice she only heard a few times, but enough to make the sound venom in her ears. She turned to see him leaning against the wall beside the archway.

She forced the name from her lips, gritting against her teeth, "Christopher."

Christopher was the prince of one of the seven lands, Otren, known mostly for its stunning beach views and huge crop exports. Most of Canlyra's coffee, grains and fruits had the seaside sunny logo of Otren. The country was good at capitalising on their natural strengths and not trying to be like others that make income off mostly utilities that have to be made; instead, Otren makes profit from simply existing due to their commendable tourism.

The current King and Queen of Otren, Christopher's parents, were known for being kind rulers when on their good side, the queen having an unspoken reputation for being especially nice to some other kings in the past.

This status explains the number of times Christopher and his parents have come to Otren to have tea with Anne's, getting on their bad side would result in huge increases in poverty and starvation rates.

The first time she was told to babysit Christopher while their parents talked about "adult business" was at age six. It was also the moment Anne realised how unbearable the Prince was. The obvious lack of attention from his parents, paired with the filthy riches and privilege his birthright gave him being Otren's only heir to the throne, made a monster of so much charm, sarcasm and flirting its disgusting.

Anne had no problem with Christopher, even started to like him at first when he was the first boy that agreed to play 'imaginary wedding' with her. It was the first time she had ever role-played with a real groom to her bride, however when Christopher got rejected a kiss at the altar built out of twigs they spent half an hour collecting. He stormed out, not before telling Anne she was a bitch. At age six.

Anne saw this moment spiral into the Prince of Otren's filthy reputation with women. One visit, age fourteen now, when Anne was officially sick of Christopher treating her like another conquest every visit, his mission being to get under her designer silks before he had to return to Otren, Anne and him made a mutual agreement; He doesn't complain about her not being an accommodating host when he visits, and she doesn't tell her father the real reason why his servants are usually behind schedule whenever the prince is in Canlyra. A pattern she started to notice when she was twelve, with the training young servants of the same age as both Christopher and Anne, some of them now fully trained maids, chefs and cleaners she passed in the halls, always longing for a second glance at the prince that dared to notice them as more than what they are, inadequate. For a throne, a title, even the crown would be the wrong size for their heads it's that unheard of a servant being anything more than a fling to a royal.

"You've grown."

Christopher was still leaning against the white brick wall holding up the rounded archway, looking at Anne with that same usual blazing desire in his eyes.

Anne tried to hide her disgust in his comments as she became all too aware of the curves she developed since his last visit.

"Unfortunate I can't say the same for you," Anne replied proudly. "What has it been? Four years and still no chest hair?" She dared a glance at his upper body and smiled when she noticed his fitted white shirt was buttoned to the collar.

The prince chuckled at that, one thing Anne never did learn to hate was the sense of humour him and she seemed to share.

"I've always liked your spunk." He admired, lazing further into the cool brick. A spider waiting for a fly to land on its web.