Chapter3

Chapter 3

Claire sat on the floor of the dark cell exhausted from crying so hard. She had been a slave since she was 6 when her stepmother had sold her and her baby sister Emily to the trader. She had never known a kind word only sharp orders from her masters and abuse if she made a mistake. She was unsure how her and Emily had stayed together for the last ten years but somehow her previous masters had always bought and sold them together.

When her last masters wife died suddenly in an accident he decided he didn't need so many slaves so Claire and Emily had once again found themselves back at the auction. This time they had spent 2 weeks in the cell, chained to the wall and fed very little but at least they had been together. Claire and promised Emily that she would always look after her and now they had been dragged apart.

Claire couldn't help thinking about the girl who had bought her. She was a pretty girl probably the same age as herself. She dressed like the girls she remembered from her world, not like the girls who usually came to buy slaves with their long expensive looking dresses. Claire was convinced there was something strange about this girl and thought she saw sadness in her eyes when she had looked at her in her cell. She pushed these thoughts aside after all her new mistress had still purchased a slave and worse had taken her away from Emily. Poor Emily she thought all alone and scared and what kind of person would buy her.

After she had been handed over to Amira and her mother she had found herself dragged roughly over to a carriage and thrown inside. She had sat down next to another slave but daren't say anything to her as Queen Herishna and Amira got in behind her. Amira was silent all the way home and sat huddled as far away from the slaves and her mother as she could.

When they arrived at the castle the queen dragged Claire towards the dungeons and ordered the other slave to follow. As she was hauled away Claire saw a glimpse of Amira running towards the castle and was sure she saw tears falling from her eyes. Herishna handed Claire over to a guard and ordered the other slave from the carriage to go to she then walked towards the castle. The guard took Claire to a dirty looking bathroom at the entrance to the dungeons and ordered her to undress and wash. As she washed the dirt and blood off under the cold water she tried unsuccessfully to hold back the tears. The other slave handed her a large tshirt and a pair of trousers and the guard fastened a metal coller around her neck. He then pushed her into an empty cell and left her alone.

She was unsure how long she was left alone for before the terrifying form of Queen Herishna appeared in the doorway. "get up slave"she said.