what a surprise

Mulai dari awal

"i've missed you too. i've missed luna too. where is she?"

michael asked as he walked into the house. we walked into the kitchen where veronica was still holding luna.

"ah, veronica."

michael said with a roll of his eyes. here we go.

"there's the deadbeat."

veronica said.

"just give me my child."

michael said as he went to take luna from veronica's arms, but she turned away.

"now you wanna be in her and alex's life?"

"what are you talking about?"

"you haven't been here for two months. alex has been suffering through post-partum depression for the past two months since you left. did you even know what? the only reason she's been making it through it because of therapy."

veronica said as my eyes went wide. i never told michael i started seeing a therapist and got diagonsed with post-partum depression. i didn't tell him i have started medication either. i didn't want to worry him or for him to think less of me. i don't want him to think i can't take care of luna because of my mental illness.

"therapy? since when do you go to therapy?"

michael asked me.

"of course you didn't know. her parents were right. she should just take this little girl and move far, far away from you."

veronica said.

"that's it. give me my daughter and get out of my house or i will call the police."

michael said as he got in veronica's face. she looked over at me but i just kept my eyes locked on the ground. she had no right to attack him like that. he didn't do anything wrong.

"fine. i hope you're happy with this idiot, alex. look how many relationships he's destroyed for you. don't ever ask me to be in your life again."

veronica said as she handed luna over to me. she stormed out of the house as i sighed. i can't expect her to be reliable. she never has been.

"you want to hold her?"

i asked michael.

"yeah. i would also like for you to tell me why you didn't tell me you were in therapy."

michael said as i passed luna over to him.

"can we just not talk about this right now?"

i said as i ran my hands through my hair, frustration written all over my face.

"yeah."

michael sighed.

+

"is she asleep?"

i asked michael as i walked into our bedroom. michael nodded as i walked over to the bassinet and saw a sleeping luna.

"did she go down easy?"

"yeah. she is a daddy's girl."

michael said as i rolled my eyes and smiled. i walked over to the bed and crawled into bed next to michael. i missed this. i missed being a family. we never really had the chance to be a family before tour swept michael away. even if it's just two weeks, i want to make the most of them.

"i love you."

michael said as i rested my head on his chest.

"i love you too."

"you have no idea how lonely it gets without you on the tour bus. all the guys are wrapped up in their girlfriends and i'm just there. i wish you and luna could come back with me."

"i know. i do too. but at least you'll only have two more weeks on the road then you'll be home. is this the last tour for a while?"

"yeah. should be home for a year afterwards."

"a year?"

i asked with a smile on my face.

"a whole year. maybe even more. you know, that's enough time for a wedding and another baby."

"well you'd have to propose to have a wedding."

i joked. that's when i heard michael get into his nightstand drawer and pull something out. i turned my head to see a small black box in his hands.

"are you serious?"

i asked him in shock as he opened the box.

"yeah. i know we haven't technically been together for a while but i know you're the woman i want to spend the rest of my life with. i love you and luna more than anything. will you marry me?"

michael asked as tears fell down my face. i never pictured that the love of my life would propose to me in our bed but...for some reason this feels perfect.

"of course i will."

i said with a smile. michael grabbed my hand and slipped the ring on my finger as tears kept streaming down my cheeks.

"i love you so much."

i sniffled as i placed a kiss to michael's lips. this doesn't feel real. this can't be happening right now. i'm engaged to the love of my life. we're getting married. this is all i've ever wanted. and no one is going to ruin this. not my parents, not my siblings, not veronica...absolutely no one.