chapter twelve.

in life, in love, this time i can't afford to losefor one, for all, i'll do what i have to doyou can't understand, it's all part of the plan

for one, for all, i'll do what i have to do
you can't understand, it's all part of the plan

The wind blew through Cordelia's hair and the sails pushed the boat forward with two of Cordelia's dragons, Ladon and Dratini flying overhead. Cordelia didn't really know what she was fully doing, but Killian had taught her the basics of maneuvering his beautiful ship. Cordelia had taken the ship far enough from the dock that she spun the wheel around like mad, laughing at the downright idiocy of it all. To be honest, Killian didn't even know that Cordelia had jumped onto his ship and was now steering it with none of his crew mates on board. And she truly had no business even being on the ship without Killian's guidance, the pirate was going to be furious, at least that's what Cordelia thought. There was nothing more that she loved than ruffling up his feathers, he was extremely attractive when he got angry.

"What in gods name, love!"

The pirate came up from the lower deck rushing over to Cordelia to take the wheel, rendering the ship to a steady narrow path. His chest heaved and he eyed Cordelia with anger, causing the woman to smile innocently. "Whoops?"

"You can not take a man's ship and—"

"—Technically I was borrowing it," she pointed out with a sweet smile. Killian's eyes soften and he groaned, cursing under his breath. She frowned. "What was that, Killian?"

Killian sighed and took his hand off the wheel, reaching out for Cordelia. Gladly, she took it and leaned into his side, resting her head against his shoulder. "I said you are going to drive me mad, love."

Cordelia grinned. "I thought you liked your women unruly, Captain."

Killian laughed and shook his head, pressing his fingers against Cordelia's waist to bring her even closer. "Aye, love. I do, I do." Cordelia looked up at Killian and the man looked back down at her, the two just staring into each other's eyes while smiling maybe just a little. "All hands on deck, love, let me show you how to steer a ship properly. If you're going to be borrowing my beloved, you need to know how to treat her."

Cordelia grinned. "Aye, aye Captain!"

Cordelia saluted him and Killian sighed, moving her to face the wheel. He took her right hand in his and guided it to the wooden steering wheel, Cordelia doing the same with her left. "Alright, love. Onward."

"