xiao ▪︎ {sick}

Start from the beginning

"No!" You exclaim and put your hands on his shoulder. His amber eyes meet with yours again and you cant help but get lost in them.

Behind his thick shell you can see all the terror that he has encountered. All the lives lost because of him. You know he bottles it up. One day you hope to have him vent to you about it.

"Your sick and need to rest." Your words are worried and filled with true feelings.

"Like i said, im fine y/n. I cant let a mere cold drag down a yaksha. More or less have a mortal take care of me." He states.

"No. I dont care if your a yaksha but a cold is still a cold. So you are going to rest." You give him a gentle push and he falls back onto the bed. His body looks like he relaxing against the plush cushion. His eyes soften slightly as he lays there.

You pull the blanket up over him a bit. You hands reach to his necklace and pull it over his head. His dark hair sticks out now from being disturbed. You take his shoulder spike thing off along with his gloves. You set the on the nightstand next to the bed.

"Ok. Ill be right back. Dont. Move." You shut the door and head down stairs to the kitchen.

You know his favorite food already.

Almond tofu

Surprisingly, there is no tofu in almond tofu

Watch this to understand wtf i mean

You enter the kitchen and see that the chef isnt here. Although you should probably ask before making it, but you dont and get straight to work.

Crushing the almonds, you strain them and pour it into a thin dish.

One the tofu has settled you cut them into cubes and set them on a plate.

"Ow!"

Your hand slipped while cutting the almond tofu. A sma cut now bleeds on your middle finger.

You wash your hand and go back to making his food.

Getting the osthamthas syrup you pour it on the soft tofu. Setting a spoon on the side of the dish you walk back up to xiao.

You gently open the door to seen xiao, sleeping peacefully.

Awww

You wall up to him and place the plate on the nightstand. Too bad you hit the table with your knee, awaking xiao from his sleep.

"Y/n?" His voice is quiet and raspy. He sits up and eyes open softly

"Sorry! I hit my knee..." you say sheepishly. His eyes shift to the plate of almond tofu on the table.

He reaches his hand out to the table and tries to grab the plate of almond tofu.

Your hand steps in and you pick the plate up to him. He takes it but pauses.

"Hm. What is it xiao." You ask concerned.

He suddenly takes your hand in his. Your face bloomes with pink as he brings your hand close to your face.

"Xiao. What are y-you doing." You ask once again.

He pauses and then replys.

"You cut yourself." He states.

"Well when i was cutting your almond tofu i slipped.

Xiao feels slightly guilty now. He was sorta the reason why you cut yourself. His finger gently brushes over the wound.

"Im fine xiao. I really am."

"No you are not. Let me treat it."

You realize that he was reversing the roles. He was sick and you wanted to help him, and dlnow you cut yourself and he wants to help you.

"Fine. But ill get the first aid kit. You stay."

He stays there as you get the first aid kit. You set it on the bed and he opens it.

A comfortable silence fills the room as he treats your wound. He gets an alcohol wipe.

"This will sting." He states quietly. You prepare yourself for the pain as he wipes it over the cut.

You let out a small hiss.

"Its ok." You breath out.

He gets a band aid and wraps it around your finger.

"Done." He says. You go to pick the trash up and toss it away but he grabs your hand again. You look at him confused.

He brings your finger close to his lips as he places a kiss on it.

"Eh!"

Ya haha idk im not the best writer so dont bully me