chapter nine.

ready or notcountdown's on you best get movingi'm about to change the gamego ahead, try to outrun meit's all the same

ready or not
countdown's on you best get moving
i'm about to change the game
go ahead, try to outrun me
it's all the same

"You believe Baelfire is out there?" Luna asked Mr Gold while looking at all of the trinkets in his pawnshop.

"Yes, I believe so," he responded.

"Wouldn't that make him a couple of hundred years old?" She asked. "And, correct me if I'm wrong, but people who aren't immortal like yourself usually last seventy to a hundred years."

"I believe he's out there, I can feel it." Luna ran her hands across some of the items in his store, her mind flashing with images of seeing them in his castle back in the Enchanted Forest. "Your memories are happening more often now, aren't they?"

Luna hummed. "Yeah. Basically, whenever I bump into someone on the street or see them, I remember something about a small encounter I've had with them," she let out a dry laugh. "I feel like I'm going mad."

"Your memories are slowly coming to you now, but when Emma breaks the curse, everyone's going to receive their memories all at the same time. They can talk to each other about it, whereas you only have me," Gold said. "Unless you want to confide in two ten-year-olds."

Luna chuckled lightly. "Henry and Daisy would have the time of their lives if I talked to them," she said. "I'm trying to put them into order in my head, but I have random blank spots that I'm trying to figure out. Like between you teaching me magic which resulted in Ladon being born, and then suddenly I wasn't with you and Dratini had hatched. Do you remember what happened there?"

"Yes," Mr Gold said, stepping around the counter. "I finished training you. I believed you were ready to leave my castle and you also wanted to leave to travel the kingdom. I didn't stop you. I knew you'd come back if you needed me, and I knew you were smart enough to keep yourself and your dragons alive."

"What good that did to Ladon," Luna mumbled.

"He was killed protecting you and his sisters, wasn't he?" He asked her.

Luna frowned. "I don't really remember. I think so. Just before the curse struck us and Regina was on her way to Snow and David's castle."

"Yes," Gold said. "You were outside with Ladon and Dratini, the two helping protect the castle. Kayda was inside protecting Snow White and Charming. When he got shot out of the sky, you ordered Dratini to leave to protect herself and made your way back to Kayda to protect your youngest." Luna looked down at the ring around her middle finger and turned it. "I'm sorry for your loss."

"I know you are," Luna mumbled.

"Luna, child. I want you to have this," Luna looked up and watched as Gold walked up to her with a diadem that was all too familiar to Luna. It was made of silver that looked beautiful when combined with Luna's platinum blonde hair in the Enchanted Kingdom. The silver wrapped around her head and was moulded to look like scales, and at the front was the head of a dragon with rubies for eyes. "You never told me who gave that to you."