Part 12

After a bit more conversation, it was time for debriefing. Anakin made sure that Obi-Wan was awake and moving before he and Ahsoka went up to the command center. Some of the early risers among the troopers were getting up and starting to move about. The night shift was almost over, and soon, the entire cruiser would be awake. 

Rex and Cody already had the holomap of the laboratory projected above the central table. They were discussing something on the other side of the room when Anakin and Ahsoka walked in. When Rex saw them, he asked, "Did you get things straightened out?"

"More or less," she affirmed, shrugging. "At least on my part. I did tell him about the Lokori rescue, though."

"Speaking of, Artoo, come here," he told the droid, kneeling. "Do you still have the recording from when Ahsoka came on board?"

Artoo, who rolled over to the Jedi, whistled happily and searched his drive for the memory file. Soon, he was projecting it in front of Anakin. 

He recognized Caleb, O-Mer, and Jinx as they walked up to Rex, who was waiting for them to disembark from the gunship."Captain, this is Commander Majal and Commander Daru. They're going to be a part of the retrieval squad for the generals if you don't mind too much."

"Our orders didn't specify which base we were heading to, sir. I don't suppose you would happen to know?" Rex asked, glancing around at the three of them.

They're being held at the Scarlet Haven base on Lokori."

"Have you heard of it?" 

Rex shrugged. "A few times, but I've never been. If you don't mind my asking, sirs, who is leading the mission this time?"

O-Mer smiled. "Probably her," he answered, pointing back to the gunship, where Ahsoka came out of her hiding spot. When the clones in the hangar saw her, they all froze still. Some of the shinies were confused, but the veterans could hardly believe it.

One full second of complete silence passed, right before the entire room erupted into euphoric cheers. Rex ran and hugged the ex-commander, and Ahsoka laughed and jumped to meet him. About half a second passed before the hug turned into a 501st group hug. Ahsoka was nearly tackled to the floor, but she just laughed with them and tried to stay in one piece.

Anakin couldn't help but smile as he watched the commotion ensue. "Wish I could've seen that. Not that I'd remember it right now, but still."

"Didn't you come out of that one with no casualties?" Cody asked Ahsoka and Rex, who were smiling. "That's the rumor that's been floating around."

"It's not a rumor," Rex confirmed. "We didn't lose any troopers or Jedi. More to the fact, a civilian led the mission."

Shaking her head, Ahsoka tried to be reasonable. "You make it sound as if the 'civilian' had never stepped on a battlefield before. I'm not even sure I should count as one. I don't know what I am, but 'civilian' doesn't seem to cut it."

Shrugging, Rex conceded. "True. A civilian couldn't pull off a perfect mission."

"Not to mention, I don't know any civilian who would get that kind of welcome," Anakin pointed out, rewinding the clip to the moment Ahsoka got tackled. 

They watched it again until Obi-Wan walked in, holding a pot of black coffee. He had no mug, as he had decided to drink it straight from the pot. This wasn't unusual, but typically Obi-Wan was in his thirties. Now that he looked like a teenager, it was slightly more entertaining to look at. 

Obi-Wan watched the recording, then pointed at it and looked at Ahsoka. "Something else we forgot?"

"Yeah," she explained. "This was my first mission back."