𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐎𝐍𝐄 *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

chapter twenty one !
( takes place during 1x22 'Journey to Regionals' )

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

IT WASN'T OFTEN THAT LUNA MORETTI LOOKED at a pizza and didn't immediately lunge for a slice of it. But, tonight was different.

"No one wants any pizza?" Mr Schue's voice broke the tense silence.

Luna lifted her head from where it had been resting on Quinn's shoulder since the blonde returned from their teacher's kitchen. All of the New Directions had gathered in Will's living room so that they could discuss what songs they were going to perform at Regionals.

Initially, Luna, along with all her fellow members of glee club, had been pretty excited at the thought of finally deciding on a setlist for the competition. The thought of finally starting to get ready and prepare for it had given everyone something to look forward to.

Especially after the stinging betrayal of Jesse just over a week previous.

But that excitement had soon been diminished when Coach Sylvester had been revealed as one of the judges for the competition. It wasn't like everyone had been adamant that the New Directions would win against Aural Intensity and Vocal Adrenaline, but there was a small ray of hope that they would reign victorious over the other two and that would have been the ultimate form of revenge for them towards Jesse.

But that small ray of hope was gone now, and Sue Sylvester, and her hatred towards the glee club was the dark, grey cloud blocking it.

When his question about the food didn't gain any response, Mr Schue continued to talk.

"All right, well, uh, let's get started. Thank you for coming to the first annual New Directions' Regionals setlist nominations party." Their teacher tried to sound enthusiastic.

"What's the point, Mr Schue?" Artie's asked defeatedly. "Coach Sylvester's one of the judges. She's gonna crush us."

It may have sounded dramatic, but Artie was simply saying out loud what everyone else in the room was thinking.

"Artie, you don't know that." Mr Schuester tried to reassure him.

"Yes, we do." Santana's told him. "She told us at Cheerios practice."

Luna sighed loudly and looked down at the plastic plate that Quinn had handed her after her trip to the kitchen. She appreciated what Mr Schue was trying to do, but deep down, Luna knew that he wasn't stupid and that he knew that they had absoluetly no chance of winning at Regionals with Sue as a judge.