V | refreshed

━━☆⌒*

━━☆⌒*.

FELIX GRINNED, texting back Hyunjin. He felt way better than yesterday, so he would most definitely be showing up to the party. That also meant he got to redo his tutoring session. He pulled up Y/n's number, accidentally hitting call as the boy panicked. However, he grew even more startled as her voice responded on the other end.

"Hello?" It was quiet and Felix could practically picture her face: furrowed brows, head tilt, all of it. He jumped again when her voice rang out from his phone, his hand shooting to his ear and it seemed to move a little too fast, the corner of the phone banging against the outer part of his ear. "Shit," The male cursed instead.

Y/n blinked wildly, recoiling from her phone at the sound of the curse word. "That isn't exactly a greeting, but I'll take it. When do you want to be tutored?" Felix's cheeks flushed and he grew more embarrassed by the second, quickly squeaking an apology as she laughed softly and reassured him that it was fine.

"Does this afternoon work? I know a good café."

He froze, hearing her shuffle for a minute, but no verbal response. Crap, was that too direct? However, he grew relieved at the sound of her voice. "Sure, that sounds good. Text me the address?" Felix stammered a 'yes', ending the call afterward as he let out a sigh of relief. "That went perfectly," He muttered to himself, shaking his head disapprovingly.

The man brought out his textbook, setting the things he'd know he needed for his tutoring session aside. "And where are you going?" Nosy as always, his little sister peeked her head in and quirked a brow at him curiously. Felix grabbed his bag, slinging it over his shoulder before shoving his wallet into his pocket.

He flicked his sister's forehead, the girl letting out a whine as she rubbed at the reddening skin. "None of your business," Felix cheekily said, wiggling his brows at her as she rolled her eyes and continued to annoy him. He paid no attention to his sibling, slipping on his sneakers before kissing his mother on the cheek and waving at his dad.

He let his sneakers find the bus stop, his mind feeling like a bundle of nerves as he subconsciously smiled at the bus driver before finding a seat. He nibbled at his bottom lip, glancing out the window occasionally. After being ten minutes into his playlist, they pulled up at the array of small shops.

"Thank you," Felix sang out, smiling sweetly as he got off.

He traipsed over to the café, immediately finding an empty booth before taking a seat as he set his stuff beside him. Felix scrolled through his phone, his heart thumping in his chest at the idea of Y/n arriving soon. I've always seen her in her uniform and even then she looks gorgeous. What about in casual wear?

She hadn't even shown up yet and he could feel his cheeks getting more and more flushed by the second, his face growing warm. "Not now," He mumbled to himself, slapping at his face in order to get rid of the rosiness of his cheeks. The little bell of the café suddenly rang out again, Y/n walking in.

The girl was dressed in a turtleneck, a pretty plaid dress on top along with a pair of earrings that peeked out of her hair. Her hair was down, curling around her face nicely. Felix abruptly snapped out of his daydream, clearing his throat. "Um, over here," He awkwardly greeted, his accent popping out as he gestured the girl over.

Her eyes were wide, a startled expression shaping her face. "Ah, you're earlier than me," She commented sheepishly, setting her things down before sitting down across from him. Felix tilted his head, almost puppy-like as he glanced at her. Y/n bit her lip, fighting the urge to smile at him. "Oh, sorry. Is that bad?"

She shook her head, "No, I'm just not used to people being earlier than me."

He flashed a smile at her, trying to ignore the feeling of his sweaty palms. "You also look a lot more well-rested in comparison to yesterday; I'm glad," Y/n remarked, nodding curtly before bringing out her math textbook and set of notes. Felix's smile shaped his lips again, the boy beaming brightly at her.

Ah, he doesn't need to know that the reason I'm happy is that I'm getting paid for this session. Y/n furrowed her brows at the male, watching as he suddenly stood up, bringing out his wallet. "Do you want to get anything?" Her eyes lit up at the mention of food and his heart pounded in his chest, admiring how cute that expression on her face looked.

"Yes, please. An iced coffee and some of those cute cat cookies." She pointed at a plate near the display area. It was piled with cute little calico cat patterned cookies, put on display for all cat lovers and cookie eaters to admire. Felix nodded, walking over to the cashier before putting the order in and paying for the both of them.

"What about you?" She asked as soon as he returned to the table. There's that puppy expression again. Y/n thought to herself, watching as he gave her a confused look. "What did you order?" The girl clarified, watching as the confusion wiped away from his face. "Oh, just a sandwich and some water." He beamed at her.

Y/n nodded, flipping through the pages of her textbook. "Ah, um, Y/n-ssi," Felix stammered, unsure of how to bring up the awkward question. "How much is the payment for the tutoring?" He could practically hear his wallet sob at this point. However, he was astounded when the girl shook her head promptly.

"You're buying me food," Y/n looked up, a certain glimmer in her eyes. "That's more than enough payment."

He chuckled softly, nodding. "Okay, noted." Maybe I can just pay her with cat cookies? I don't want to know what her regular rate is. Felix shivered in his seat, something that luckily went unnoticed by the innocent girl who had been setting up for the little tutoring session. "Now," She said, catching his attention again.

"Let's start where we left off yesterday, shall we?"