~~~~~~~~~~

(Y/n) practiced her focus on the Force, lifting objects around her room. She was unaware of the knock on her door, again. Second time that day. It wasn't until the second knock that (Y/n) opened her eyes and turned to open it, finding Master Ki-Adi Mundi on the other side.

"Master Yoda sent me. There is a meeting with the Supreme Chancellor in the Senate building, and Master Yoda has requested you join us." The Cerean told (Y/n).

"What is the meeting about, if I may ask, Master Mundi?" the elf asked as she followed him down the hallway towards the transport.

"The Chancellor would like to speak with us on the vote for an army to be created for the Republic to fight against the growing Separatists." Mundi said. "I do not believe you have heard about what happened to Naboo's Senator, Padmé Amidala."

"No, I haven't. What happened?"

"Senator Amidala was attacked on the landing platform when she arrived. She used a decoy, but the explosion killed the decoy, unfortunately, and now the Senator is in grave danger." Mundi said. (Y/n) nodded, remembering Padmé from her mission ten years ago. (Y/n) hoped she would be protected.

The two Jedi reached the transport, where Luminara Unduli, Kit Fisto, Plo Koon, Yoda, and Mace Windu were waiting. Beside Master Unduli was another dressed in similar garb to the Master. (Y/n) believed this was Luminara's padawan, Barriss Offee. (Y/n) bowed to the Jedi, greeting them. They all hopped in the transport and made their way to the Senate Building where the Supreme Chancellor was waiting.

~~~~~~~~~~

The Chancellor sat in his chair as he faced the Jedi, speaking with them about the matters at hand. (Y/n) stood in between Master Yoda's chair and Master Windu's chair as Chancellor Palpatine spoke to them.

"I don't know how much longer I can hold off the vote, my friends. More and more star systems are joining the Separatists." Chancellor Palpatine said.

"If they do break away- " Master Windu said, only for the Chancellor to interrupt him.

"I will not let this Republic that has stood for a thousand years be split in two. My negotiations will not fail."

"If they do, you must realize there aren't enough Jedi to protect the Republic" Windu claimed. "We're keepers of the peace, not soldiers."

"Master Yoda." the Chancellor called to the Jedi, who faced him. "Do you think it will really come to war?"

"Hmm, the dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is." Yoda spoke slowly. A hologram of a Rhodian appeared on the Chancellor's desk, saying "The Loyalist Committee has arrived, Your Honor."

"Good. Send them in" Palpatine said, standing from his chair. "We will discuss this matter later."

(Y/n) turned to see Padmé with Jar Jar Binks and a few of the Loyalists behind them entering the room. (Y/n) was relieved to see Padmé unharmed, and happy to see the young woman once again. Master Yoda walked beside the elf in meeting the Senator.

"Senator Amidala, your tragedy on the landing platform, terrible. Seeing you alive brings warm feelings to my heart." Yoda said.

"Do you have any idea who was behind this attack?" Padmé asked, getting right down to business.

"Our intelligence points to disgruntled spice miners on the moons of Naboo" Master Windu said, walking down to join the Senator's side.

"I think Count Dooku was behind it." Padmé claimed.

"He is a political idealist, not a murderer" Master Mundi stated.

"You know, milady, Count Dooku was once a Jedi. He couldn't assassinate anyone. It's not in his character." Master Windu said. (Y/n) wasn't one hundred percent sold on the possibility that it was the Count. He may have been a Jedi once, but people can change. And during these times, the likelihood that Count Dooku was behind this attack kept rising in the elf's mind. She unconsciously grabbed onto the Evenstar around her neck.

"But for certain, Senator, in grave danger you are." Master Yoda said.

"Master Jedi, may I suggest the Senator be placed under the protection of your graces. " Palpatine said from his view of the window.

"Do you really think that's a wise decision under these stressful times?" Bail Organa, the Senator from the planet of Alderaan asked, stepping beside Padmé.

"Chancellor, if I may comment, I do not believe-"

"The situation is that serious?" the Chancellor interrupted Padmé. "No, but I do, Senator. I realize all too well that additional security might be disruptive for you, but perhaps someone you're familiar with? Like Master Galad. And, for extra protection, an old friend, like Master Kenobi, to join in this job."

(Y/n) almost smiled brightly, but concealed it in front of the masters, at the mention of the possibility of Obi-Wan joining her. She hadn't seen him in ten years. Not since they defeated Darth Maul on Naboo and parted ways so Obi-Wan could train Anakin. She was excited to see him again.

"That's possible. He's just returned from a border dispute on Ansion. And Master Galad has experience in this sort of thing, if you're willing to do this again?" Master Windu said, then turned to ask (Y/n).

"Of course, Master Windu. I would be glad to." (Y/n) responded.

"Do it for me, milady. Please?" Palpatine begged the Senator. "The thought of losing you... is unbearable"

Something about his sentence made (Y/n) shiver with a cold sense. Something was off about the Chancellor, and (Y/n) somehow only managed to see it now. What it was, she did not know. She had never really trusted Palpatine before, and right now, her senses were telling her to continue that streak.

"I will have Obi-Wan report to you immediately, milady." Master Windu said. "For now, allow (Y/n) to escort you to where you'll be staying." he bowed.

"Thank you, Master Windu." Padmé responded, and looked to (Y/n).

"Shall we go?" the elf asked.

"Of course, Master Galad." Padmé said, and the two girls walked out of the Chancellor's office, Palpatine watching as they go.