Part 0: Chapter 5; Hashira Meeting

Depuis le début

Gyomei nodded in agreement, saying, "There are those who have had their families, lovers and ones they hold dear slaughtered and killed before their very eyes, and then there are those with families that have a history of Hashira and demon slayers in their bloodlines, like Tokito, Rengoku, Kocho, and Kari. However, for everyone else, it is a completely different story. To ask someone, anyone, to join such a difficult war without any reasoning besides from our need for warriors, it simply would be too much to ask."

"But look at Kamado, everyone!" Rengoku exclaimed in his naturally-booming voice, "So soon after joining the corps, he encountered a member of the Twelve Kizuki, and Muzan Kibutsuji! Only two of us have ever seen Kibutsuji's face, and this boy encountered him so soon! I believe that we should train him to his very maximum, and use him to draw them out!"

"All of you have excellent points, my children," Oyakata-sama flashed a gentle smile, "This is all true, and I understand what you wish to say. However, the fact that the Lower Five had made such a drastic move would mean that Kibutsuji is nowhere near Mt. Natagumo."

His tone grew a shade darker and his smile disappeared, as he said, "Whenever the demon lord wishes to hide something, he makes a massive diversion to throw us off. I too had high hopes for Mt. Natagumo, which is why I sent Giyuu, Shinobu, and Sakusa, three Hashira on the same mission. However, I was frustrated when I found out this was just another one of his tricks."

The Hashira, even stone-faced Sakusa, all had softened expressions for their Master, who worked tirelessly in order to aid in their fight against Muzan, despite his crippling curse mark even taking his vision.

"However," Kagaya chimed in, breaking the silence that overtook the room, "As long as the demons continue to consume those we love, and devastate thousands of people each day without them even realizing the culprit, there is only one thing we can do."

As his smile returned to his face and the room was filled with the uplifting sound of Kagaya's voice, the Hashira began to feel the hairs on their skin stand on end the longer their master spoke.

"I believe that the Hashira that are in this room with me right now are the finest swordsmen and swordswomen the corps have ever produced since the first swordsmen, led by the legendary Yoriichi Tsugikuni, during the feudal area. Tengen Uzui, Hashira of Sound, Sanemi Shinzugawa, Hashira of Wind, Mitsuri Kanroji, Hashira of Love, Gyomei Himejima, Hashira of Stone, Muichiro Tokito, Hashira of Mist, Shinobu Kocho, Hashira of Insects, Kyojuro Rengoku, Hashira of Flame, Obanai Iguro, Hashira of Serpents, Giyuu Tomioka, Hashira of Water, and Sakusa Kari, Hashira of Rage."

"I look forward to seeing your success. I firmly believe that each and every one of you will write your names in the books of history and the names in the stars as legends who saved Humanity."

As Shinobu and Sakusa left the meeting, a comfortable silence overtook them as they walked under the night sky.

"So, Saku-san," The butterfly girl piped up, "That was quite the praise Oyakata-sama gave us, no?"

Sakusa let out a "hmph", bluntly replying as he put his hands behind his head as they walked, "Meh, he was probably just in a good mood after what we had to go through on our last mission together."

"My, my, still caught up on that one, huh~?"

"How could I not be, Shinobu?" Sakusa groaned, "That was the mission, where we....y'know....."

"I know, I know!" Shinobu giggled, "I was just teasing you~"

"Ugh, you know I hate when you do that."

"Which is why I do it~"

Rolling his eyes at the smirking younger woman beside him, Sakusa couldn't help but allow the faintest of smiles to taint his cheeks.

"So, about Tanjiro Kamado and his sister, what are your thoughts, Saku-san?"

The crimson-tipped man hummed in thought for a brief moment, before replying, "I don't really care, to be honest. That redhead brat's got guts, pissing off Sanemi like that, and.....I kinda like that demon girl."

Flashing the smile Shinobu enjoyed so much, Sakura said, "Whatever you believe is the best option, I'll support."

The butterfly girl's trademark smile bloomed under the moonlight as they walked down the road back towards the Butterfly Mansion, once again enjoying the comfortable silence on their walk.

As they entered the mansion and removed their sandals, Shinobu asked the question that had been bugging her ever since the three teenagers were admitted to her hospital ward.

"So, Saku-san, as you know, Kanao is my Tsuguko and all..."

"Mmmhm." Sakura hummed dismissively, tossing his sandals to the side and heading down the hall.

"And now that there are three more boys here, I was wondering if-

"If you're asking whether or not I want to take one of those boys in as a Tsuguko, then once again, I am not the guy for something like that." Sakura rolled his eyes at the question.

"I've only just started being nicer to people, and you expect me to fucking teach one of those little brats in your medical room? It's a stupid idea."

Sakusa immediately wish he could retract his sarcasm when he felt the cold stare of a pair of violet eyes burn holes through his head, and he froze in place as light, terrifying footsteps slowly approached him.

"Now, now, Saku-san, that's not really such a nice way to talk to me, now is it?" Shinobu spat with a chilling tone, grabbing the internally-screaming man by the wrist, "Maybe if you weren't such a narcissistic asshole you'd be able to handle teaching kids, no?"

"N-NOW, NOW, I-I DIDN'T MEAN TO SOUND SO RUDE, I-I JUST- AGH-

Walking through the halls with a brand new bruise on his cheek, Sakusa somehow found his way towards the hospital ward, his eyebrows raising when he heard the sounds of obnoxious snoring and little murmurs of someone talking in their sleep.

Oh, right, Sakusa thought to himself, The little brats are here....

He rolled his eyes as he walked passed the entryway, smirking to himself as he headed off to bed.

Tsuguko, Huh? Well.......

The image of a certain boy popped up into his head as he spoke that word in his mind, only growing the rare smile on his lips.

If I'm gonna wanna teach any boy in that room, it's definitely you......