2-

Pov: Rachell
    Today is the day of the wedding. I ended up not backing out and I am actually kind of excited. Although I don't get along with my brother, I am pretty close with the rest of my family and they will all be there.
    I looked at myself in the mirror quickly before getting in the car. I was wearing a short dark teal dress with long sleeves and silver heels. I had done a pretty casual makeup look: brown eyeshadow and pink lip gloss. I left the house and got in the car. The place where they were having their wedding was a two-hour drive, but I didn't want to stay the night so I decided to make the trip the day of the wedding. Although the ceremony only starts at 5:30, family was supposed to get there my 4:00, so I had to leave at 2:00.
    After a long drive, I was finally there. I quickly touched up my makeup before getting out of the car. I got to the venue and greeted all my family members. I looked around at my brother's almost-wife's family. I had never met them, as I wasn't close with my brother, so I went to introduce myself to them. They seemed nice enough, albeit a little self-absorbed.
    After talking with everyone for a little while, the photographer asked us if we were ready to start taking the family pictures. The bride's mother who had introduced herself as Sandra confirmed that we were, before being interrupted by the bride's aunt, Erica. "No wait, Citrine isn't here yet!" "We'll be ready in 10 minutes." Sandra said to the photographer before addressing Erica, "She better be here soon or else we will have to take them without her." "I told her she had to be on time for this. She never listens." Erica said, sounding annoyed. I knew I probably shouldn't be listening to their conversation, but they were right next to me and it didn't seem like they were trying to talk privately with how loud they were being. "I remember when Amber was like that. I'm sure she'll grow out of it." "She hasn't grown out of her style or her... homosexuality and it's been 10 years. I doubt she'll grow out of this." Sandra gave her a sympathetic smile before rushing off to help the bride. I felt bad for the girl, Citrine I think it was, even if I didn't know her. It must be hard to have your family disapprove of you.
    After Sandra left, Erica started talking to me, but before she could even finish her sentence, someone came into the lobby. She had blonde hair and was wearing a red dress and a leather jacket. I turned towards Erica and she was giving her a death glare.

Pov: Citrine
    Today I woke up in a decent mood until I realized it was the day of the wedding. Great. My mood immediately soured at the thought of having to see my family. I groaned as I got out of bed, walking to the kitchen of my studio apartment. My place was pretty small and definitely wasn't the nicest, but I had moved out as a broke 18-year-old, so it's to be expected. At 18, even homelessness seemed better than living with my mother. I currently work as a nail technician and I never went to college, so my appartement is honestly pretty good for my salary.
    I opened my fridge and got out a monster, sitting in on my couch to drink it. I opened my phone to check the time and saw that it was 8:15. Family was supposed to arrive for the wedding at 4:00, an hour and 30 minutes before the ceremony, which I thought was pretty stupid. The venue is about an hour 45 minute drive from my house, so I only have to leave at 2:15. I opened my phone and started scrolling through Twitter.
    About an hour later, I went to shower and brush my teeth and hair. When I was done, I still had three hours and 30 minutes before I had to start getting ready, so I asked my friend Mary if she wanted to have a picnic. We have been friends since middle school and one of our traditions was to have picnics. She accepted, so I threw on a black hoodie and a pink pleated skirt and decided against putting on makeup since I'd have to redo it for the wedding.
    We spent the next three hours catching up since both of our schedules had been really busy lately. When I realized the time, I rushed home. I got to my house and checked the time. It was 1:55. I was probably going to be late. I sighed, the energy draining out of me, knowing that my mother would definitely yell at me for being late. I went to my wardrobe and looked for something that would be wedding appropriate, as I hadn't bought anything in advance. Why should I, when Amber was always so unnecessarily cruel towards me? I mean, in our last phone conversation she told me I couldn't bring a plus one. That could be interpreted as just trying to minimize the number of guests, but knowing Amber, it was a jab at my sexuality. And she had told me not to dress like a slut. Who was she to tell me what I could and couldn't wear? It's not like I play an important role in her wedding.
    I decided on a dark red velvet dress with lace on the bottom, a leather jacket, and Demonia poison 101s. I went into my bathroom to do my makeup and put on black lipstick, winged eyeliner, and red eyeliner under my eyes.
It was 2:30 and I rushed to the metro station. I finally got there and entered the lobby of the venue. I immediately saw my mother, who was looking at me angrily.