I looked away, pretending to be looking at something while he climbed out of the car seat and into his wheelchair. Once he was ready to go, I followed the doorman towards the back door.

  "Jesus Christ." Ashton exclaimed from behind me. I spun around, wondering what was wrong, then I realised it was the first time he'd seen the back of  my dress. He began to laugh, shaking his head. I smiled as walked ahead of him, accentuating my swaying hips for his benefit.

  The doorman lead us along an empty corridor. The sound of voices and music got louder as we neared the ball room. I looked behind to make sure Ash was still there, and caught him watching my butt as I walked. He smiled up at my terrified face. He didn't look scared, he looked annoyed and bored. I'm sure he would rather have been at home with Molly rather than rubbing shoulders with his mother's rich cronies. As we neared the doors to the event, I paused.

  "Before we go in, is there somewhere I can smoke?" I asked. The doorman nodded and lead us to a private little outdoor courtyard adjacent to fundraiser ball room. Ash told him we could find our own way back and the doorman left. As soon as he was gone, I pulled my vape from my purse. I sucked the weed deep into my lungs while Ash watched with a horrified look on his face.

  "I'm nervous." I explained, taking another deep suck then I handed it to him. He looked at it, then to my surprise he took it and inhaled deeply. He's not just a mummy's boy, he's done that before, I thought. Feeling a pulse between my legs. Once we were a little high, and I was calm again, we found our way back to the function.

  "Are you okay? It's not too late to run for our lives." Ash laughed, he looked so handsome and relaxed when he was high.

  "We need a safe word, if it all gets too much for me. So you can take me away." I said.

  "Let's make the safe word pool fuck." He suggested, inducing a fit of the giggles from me. I leaned down to kiss him again, just as the doors swung open. I turned around to see a girl with a clipboard approaching us.

  "There you are Ash." An efficient looking woman said. She was wearing a lanyard around her neck, had an earpiece in and was holding an iPad. "I've got him." She said into the earpiece.

  "This is Clarissa. She's Blake's publicist." Ash explained.

  "Your brother is waiting for you." Clarissa exclaimed, eyeing me up and down with undisguised suspicion. Wondering what rock I crawled out from.

  "I'm sure it's not me he's looking for." An angry look crossed Ash's handsome face. He was stoned, so he didn't bother trying to control his emotions for once. That was the first time i realised he was angry at his brother, because of his relationship with me.

  "We're coming!" Clarissa yelled into her ear piece. Startling me out of my trance. "We have to go." She pushed the door and held it open for us. Ash made the 'after you' hand manoeuvre, I shook my head, a panic rising up my body. Ash took my hands in his and pulled me down so I was at eye level with him. I bent over at the waist.

  "You are going to be the belle of the ball. Every man here is going to want you. Every woman here is going to hate you. I know you will be in your element. You're going to have a blast!" Ash whispered, studying my face. I smiled and felt the panic subside. His words hit their mark, and his eyes gave me the reassurance I needed. I leaned in to kiss him and heard Blake's voice behind me.

  "You're late." He exclaimed. I stayed bent over and looked over my shoulder, I smiled at him when I saw his eyes looking at my backside.

  "Calm down, no one is ever on time to these things." Ash said, releasing my hands. A stoned Ash was sexy as hell. Assertive and masculine, my body throbbed.