Blake's room was exactly how I imagined a hipster bedroom. He had a bookshelf filled with records. An expensive looking sounds system. A TV. There was a recliner chair by the window.

And those awful curtain sheets.

  "Well don't just stand there, come in." He called from the bed, "I'd get up but the pain is excruciating."

  "If you're looking for sympathy, you're not going to get any from me. Your brother told you to use sunscreen."

  "Why aren't you wearing a nurse outfit?" Was his cheeky reply.

  "I don't own a nurse outfit. Sorry to disappoint."

  "You, definitely do not disappoint." He smiled up at me when I sat beside him. I took that opportunity to squirt the icy cold aloe onto his red back. He screamed so loudly, I'm sure the entire neighbourhood heard him. I kept squirting the aloe, telling him to stop being a big baby.

  "I bought spray because I know how painful rubbing a sunburned back can be."

  "Beautiful and smart. You'd better be careful, I might start to like you." I laughed, aware he already liked me. When his huge back was shiny with aloe spray, I went to his record collection.

   "I have them." He called from the bed.

  "Who?" I asked, still scanning his records.

  "The Ramones. Put the record on if you like. It's filed under R."

  "You alphabetised your record collection?" I spun around to face him.

  "I have issues." He laughed.

  "I hear ya," I laughed. "When it comes to issues, I am the queen." I replied, taking the record out of its sleeve carefully, then putting it on the player.

  I knew Blake wouldn't judge me or my many issues. He understood me. He knew I wasn't normal, that's why he liked me. Normal girls didn't do it for him. Crazy girls like me did.

  "Where's Molly's room?" I asked.

  "She's upstairs in her cot. I have her baby monitor here and Ash has one in his room too." I looked at the baby monitor on his bedside table. He was a great uncle. I found men who were great with kids very sexy. Who was I kidding? I found lots of things about men sexy, let's be honest.

  I turned the volume button to medium and the record began to play. My phone went off in my bag, I reached down and looked at the the message.

  "Your brother wants to know if we want wine."

  "Speaking of my brother, why does he have your number and I don't?" He narrowed his black
eyes at me.

  "Because I gave it to him." I texted Ashton back, inviting him to come join us and bring wine. "I said yes to wine and asked him to join us."

  "I guess that means no sex tonight." He pulled a pouty face.

  "You have third degree burns. How can you think about sex?"

  "I always think about sex. It's not that bad, my back will be brown by tomorrow."

  "Me too."

  "Your back will be brown by tomorrow too?" He joked.

  "No, I always think about sex too."

  "Why did you give my brother your number?"

  "I like him."

  "Like like?"

  "Yes. Like like." I said, kissing him sensually, happy when he groaned because he was laying on his erection.