Chapter 44| Slytherin

Mulai dari awal

"Sure." I laughed. "Okay, time to sleep. Long day tomorrow."

"Good night." she said and we ended the call.

I heaved and shut down my PC before tucking myself into bed. After several turns and still not getting any sleep, I laid awake thinking out a plan for tomorrow. My phone dinged in the middle of my meditation and I reached for it and checked the caller ID.

My heart leapt for joy and I quickly accepted the call.

"Hey Tracy. How was your day?"

A mushy smile found it's way up my lips at the sound of his voice. "Not my favorite but I'm good. Yours?"

"Same old same old. I went to a stadium with Paul and a bunch of others for a football match against a team from a different district. All went well until I got a broken lip from an aggressive opponent." he replied.

"Yish. Are you okay?"

"Well, apart from eating a spicy dinner in tears and finding it hard to smile, I'm A-okay." he answered with enthusiasm and I laughed despite myself.

"Well, did your team win?"

"Duh? What do you think?"

"Congrats then, I guess. I just don't understand the whole point of you guys finding joy in playing football with scars and bruises as the only reward. No offense."

"None taken. It's just what is. It's for the pleasure and entertainment and we don't mind a few bruises while showing them who's boss."

"Arrogant that much?" I teased.

"Confident that much."

I chuckled and an idea suddenly occurred to me. "Charlie, do you have some prank ideas you could share with me?"

I had a few ideas of my own to set Christopher's butt on fire but I preferred fresh ideas from a prank expert.

"Oh oh. Who's the prey?"

"Doesn't matter." I replied quickly.

"I need to know who it is if I'm going to tell you anything. Pranks come in different shapes for different preys. So tell me, who offended you?"

"Um, a family friend." I quipped, hoping to evade spilling a name.

"A guy or a girl?"

"A guy. A very annoying guy."

"Okay. Now, there's a variety of pranks you can think up for him. You just need to think of something petty he cherishes the most and help him with ruining it or messing it up to your satisfaction. If you're good at getting on his nerves too, that helps."

What they cherish the most? What could Christopher probably cherish? His books? From what I've seen so far, he was a nerd and a stone cold idiot. He was annoying and he could be nice when he wants to be. Still, I haven't known him that long enough to know something petty he cherished.

Although.. I couldn't stop thinking of a particular feature of his I'd like to bomb.

I smiled to myself and told Charlie. "I've figured it out. Thanks for the help."