Chapter-3 (Edited)

"It's already complicated, Meliodas."

I left the room, eager to escape the suffocating awkwardness, and excused myself to go and sleep.

MELIODAS' POV:

'It's true, I was jealous, but Elizabeth was the one who made me betray my own clan. Why should I be with her...!' It was late at night and everyone had almost fallen asleep. I took this chance to slip into Kanani's room, wanting to see her. She was sleeping peacefully, but my blood boiled as soon as I saw her in Ban's arms. She was hugging him for warmth, sleeping soundly.

I felt my demonic side beginning to take control. Rage coursed through me, and I struggled to keep my composure. "MELIODAS!!!" Who was that? "Gha!" I gasped as Merlin entered the room, calling my name to snap me back to my senses.

"Mind if we talk about reality, Captain?" she questioned seriously.

I looked at Kanani, then back at Merlin, and nodded in approval.

TIME SKIP:

NEXT DAY:

My mood was still gloomy. Kanani and Ban were getting along well, and it made me insanely jealous. Ban was my friend, but seeing them together made me ache with envy. A voice called out to me, "Meliodas!"

Was that Kanani? Why was she calling me? I answered, trying to mask my jealousy. "Yes, Kanani?"

"Am I related to you? I had a dream yesterday. We were training somewhere, and I don't recognize the place. It felt so real..." she said, her head bowed.

I sighed, torn between telling her the truth or keeping it to myself. Should I tell her? "Well... Kanani, it's that... GHA?!"

Suddenly, the ground shook violently. My heart pounded. DUMP DUMP

'This presence... it can't be them!' I clenched my fists, drawing everyone's attention in the Boar Hat. Kanani's face contorted with horror as she hugged herself tightly.

"This presence... what is it? It creeps my body... I can't handle it! It is killing me... it's overwhelming," she stammered, on the verge of tears.

Without warning, Kanani lost consciousness and fell backward. I rushed forward and caught her in a bridal style, my emotions shifting instantly from anger to concern.

"Merlin, what's happening?" I demanded, my voice edged with desperation.

Merlin's face was grim. "It's as I feared. They're coming. The presence you feel is the Ten Commandments."

Kanani stirred in my arms, whimpering in fear. "Meliodas, I don't understand. Why does this presence affect me so much?"

I looked into her eyes, filled with confusion and fear. "Kanani, there's a lot you don't know yet, but I promise I will protect you. No matter what." kanani completely lost her consciousness hearing my last few words as my body screamed with terror of their presence...

" kanani completely lost her consciousness hearing my last few words as my body screamed with terror of their presence