Twenty Eight: Charge it to the Game

Start from the beginning

"Damn nigga, ain't no way she doing you like that. I know Milani got her location so ima get to the bottom of that shit for you. Ima see where she at, pull up, and figure out what the fuck going on. I can't let you go out sad." I tell him as I pour us another shot and change the song on the speakers.

"Preciate it, my nigga. Knowing what she on, gone give me peace of mind. I'm trying not to end the engagement, but she pushing it. It's already hard for me to trust and now she fucking with that."

"You know I gotcha. I understand that shit. Matter of fact, Ian even gone keep you waiting. I'm boutta go upstairs and get Lani phone. You wanna ride with me to see what Chanel up to?"

"Nah, Ian gone go cause if she is cheating I'll beat that nigga to sleep and Ian tryna end up in jail tonight. You mind if I chill here till you get back?" He asks as he lights another blunt.

"Nah, you know you at home here. Stay as long as you need to, my brotha."

Brandon nods as I head upstairs to our bedroom where I find Milani asleep peacefully. Deciding that I don't want to wake her, I grab her phone off the dresser and quietly put my shoes and jacket on. Going out to my car, I follow the location app on Milani's phone which leads me to a fancy ass restaurant where I see Chanel sitting outside on a heated patio with an old bald man.

The two of them laugh and talk for about 30 minutes then the waitress brings out the check. Chanel tries to pay, but the man stops her; offering his money instead. As they prepare to part ways, he gives Chanel a few hundred dollar bills and hugs her tightly then kisses her. I make sure to capture pictures of the scenes in front of me so I can show Brandon.

My next 30 minutes are spent following Chanel until she pulls up at yet another restaurant where her and another old man sit outside. I watch the encounter from across the street as the man reaches under the table, making Chanel laugh. She bends down as well and by the time they come up, her hair is messed up. Taking a picture of it, I watch him give her money and she kisses him in return; his lips trailing down to her neck. Snapping another picture, I pull off before I am caught then drive back to my house; only to be faced with Milani.

"Where you been and why the fuck you got my phone?" She says as she snatches it from me.

I mentally groan inside because I wanted to make it back here before she woke up. Now I gotta lie to her because I don't want her to know what I was doing. I know she'll tell Chanel if she finds out.

"I was out getting some air. I was tryna deal with the fact that my pops got another woman. Ian mention it but that shit really hurt me. I took your phone so you could get some rest. I didn't want nobody blowing you up." I sigh, trying to look distressed.

Milani wraps her arms around me and kisses my lips. "I'm sorry you feel that way, but I know you're lying about my phone. You took it because you thought I was cheating since I let that dude talk to me at the skating rink right?"

Shaking my head, I lie, "Yeah, you caught me. That's exactly why I took it. I didn't find anything though and I'm sorry I did that. I should've trusted you."

Rolling her eyes, she smacks me in the back of the head and tells me to tell Brandon that dinner is ready because apparently, he asked her to cook. Nodding my head, I walk down to my man cave and tell him to come eat.

"Y'all not gone eat at the table with us?" Milani asks as her and Tae sit down to eat.

"Nah, we gone go watch the game." I lie as I pile my plate up with fried fish, spaghetti, and garlic bread; grabbing a bottle of water from the refrigerator. "Thank you for the food, baby."