TEN

Shoto Todoroki had lived his life normally, aside from dealing with his trashcan of a father

Shoto Todoroki had lived his life normally, aside from dealing with his trashcan of a father. Every morning, he woke up and went to class to train as the hero that he dreamt to be. He wasn't friendly and truthfully thought that it was unnecessary to have friends when the reason he came to U.A. in the first place was to achieve his dream and prove to his old man that he could be what he wanted without being under his filthy foot.

Todoroki broke free the moment he had finally made his quirk his own from the last Sports Festival and any other events. Truly, he felt relieved and what made him more grateful was that he could finally fit in and have some friends by his side.

Todoroki thought that those were all enough.

But why?

Why did he keep calling for somebody?

Precisely after this morning?

It was Sunday, to be exact. Todoroki was sound asleep in his futon. As usual, he didn't have any dream, not that he mind. He rather had none that having the dream about some things in the past haunting him again but suddenly he saw a flash in his dream⸺

⸺And there he was standing on top of a cliff.

The dream somehow felt too real, Todoroki swore he could feel the cold breeze sweeping past his body. The feeling of the wet cold ground beneath his feet made him shivered slightly as he pulled his arms closer around his torso. What was happening? He was pretty sure that he was asleep in his futon just now.

As the boy threw his gaze over the other side, Todoroki was met by the ethereal sight of the wide ocean. The waves of the ocean hit against the seashore, the surface glimmering slightly by the light of the rising sun. Indeed, the sight was really pleasing to the eyes yet the lingering emptiness in his chest had him stared at the blue canvas longingly.

Todoroki felt as if he was missing something.

Then, with a heave, the boy took a step forward to the end of the cliff. The ocean, he had to admit again, was truly fascinating.

'Dive in.'

And that was when Todoroki heard it⸺

"Hear this poem
and hum its rhythm."

⸺A poem reciting in his head softly. Like the hum of the softest lullaby, hushing his tense body deliberately to peace.

And as Todoroki gazed up at the ocean again, he felt warmth. He felt⸺

"Bath in red
He's a lovely one.
Though with a heave
He shall be gone.
He's the ocean you long to dive.
He's the warmth you long to brace.
With this poem, he shall be yours.
Being the one to hold you close."

loved.

🍒

The dream happened days ago and truthfully, Todoroki had been troubled by the mixing feelings he was having lately. Some moments, he found himself feeling too cold to his liking that he had to warmth himself with his fire side. The futon somehow felt too wide for him, he filled the empty spaces with a couple of pillows to close the empty gaps.