She was laid across the bed, her white top discarded as Tom leaned over her, their tongues melding together in an unpleasant vision whilst they kissed.

"Holy shit," I muttered, drawing their attention as we stared at each other, both parties caught by surprise.

Violetta immediately turned three shades redder, the colour bright against her creamy skin as she shoved him away, clambering up.

I stayed stagnant whilst she swooped down, pulling her shirt on hurriedly to disguise her bra.

I glanced at Tom, but he didn't seem embarrassed in any way, a satisfied smirk across his mouth.

"Maybe knock next time?" He drawled, raising an eyebrow playfully.

Violetta glared at him before I could reply, her hands on her hips, "get out, we have things to discuss."

He raised his hands in surrender before rolling off the bed, grabbing his suit blazer from the chair and shrugging it on.

As he passed her petite form, he seized her waist again, placing a passionate kiss on her mouth that went on unnecessarily long.

"I'm still standing here you know," I waved my arms pointedly, earning a wicked glance from the cocky wizard.

"Then step outside for a moment."

Violetta hit him on the shoulder, pushing his lithe figure towards the door.

I stepped sideways when he passed, watching in disbelief as he whistled his way out of the room, not a care in the world.

Once I was sure he was out of earshot, I turned my attention back to my remaining companion.

"Well? Care to explain?" I prompted, hovering further into the room.

She offered me an awkward smile, attempting to smooth her hair down, "well... I'm fucking him."

"Yes, that was pretty apparent from the sight of his tongue down your throat."

She laughed in a girlish manner, sitting down on the bed and beckoning for me to join her.

I approached, inspecting the sheets doubtfully before seating myself beside the pretty witch.

"I'm not sure what to say," she admitted.

"Maybe we should start with why."

"I don't know," she shrugged, "he's hot."

"When did this all start?"

"Around the time when he joined the society."

"Is that why you've been investing so much effort into it?" I asked, casting her a knowing look.

"Partly, I guess the more time we started spending together, the more things developed."

"But you both seem so...."

"Different?"

I nodded, glad she was aware of the obvious contrast between the two of them.

"We are in most ways," she admitted, "but I think that's what makes it fun. He challenges me, makes me forget about all this stuff for a while."

She waved her hand through the air, indicating her stack of schoolwork and hobbies dotted around the room.

"So... you talk then?"

She gave me a bemused smile, the same one her brother sometimes did, an uncanny resemblance.

"Of course, we're not animals."