Chapter Twenty-One - Meeting Mother Side Of The Family

Start from the beginning

I went to get rid of the thing around my mouth but realized there was a lock on it. So this meant I would have to only use the non-verbal ways to cast magic. This is something I would have to be smart with since I am not that proficient in it yet so my magic may get drained quickly if I don't act smart with it.

I crawl over to the bars of the cell I was in and confirm that I did know who the people were in the cells. I focused on their shadow and had many of my servants come out of their shadow to untie them. I could see that everyone was waking up and quickly heading over to the bars of their cell.

I looked at them all with serious but calm eyes and held up a finger telling them to wait. I then went to the darkest part of my cell and put my hands into the darkness. I wasn't going to dive into it, I didn't know where I was so that would end up causing me more problems. I needed to gather information by listening through the shadows.

I could feel countless images go through my head as I searched through the shadows to see who had the keys to our cells. I landed on a man who was walking, I could hear keys coming from him. I decided to use a spell that I learned recently to gain control of his shadow. I force him to stop and to head over to the cells.

After a few minutes, I could hear him approaching and I forced him to open my cell first. After I got out I caused his mind to shut down by using another spell of mind that can cause people to pass out. I took the keys off his body and I took what looked to be a small dagger from his body.

I quickly went and opened everyone's cells, making sure they would all remain quiet as I did so. The key that the man had didn't seem to have the key for the lock of the things covering our mouth so we had to deal with this for a bit longer.

Eli quickly hugged at my arm and I could feel his tears. I couldn't deal with his acting like this right now so I forced him to let go of me and I tried to speak with my eyes. He seemed to get what I was and got rid of the tears that appeared in his eyes. I motion for everyone else to get behind me and I headed out of the area we were in.

I would always stick to the areas that were the darkest so I could see where everyone else was in this place we were being held in. I noticed that a few men who look to be really skilled fighters quickly leave a room they were in with serious expressions. That didn't give me a good feeling and I started to worry that they knew we escaped.

I needed to find who had the keys for the things covering our mouth but I really wanted to just leave this place we were in. I didn't know why these people kidnapped us but I rather not figure it out. I wonder if the person who sent me the note was also involved in this... It seems like they knew this would happen.

I must have been thinking too deeply because I ended up bumping into the back of an adult figure. They quickly turned around and froze when he saw us. I quickly pushed everyone back so we could have some distance between this person.

"Great! Now we also have to deal with the fact the brats escape their cells!" The man messed with his hair and glared at us. I could see that he was going for something at his side but I knew I couldn't let him get it, I had to act first.

Holding the dagger in my hand I stabbed it in the man's leg which caused him to let out a scream of pain. I then turned and looked at everyone, telling them with my eyes to hide quickly. I quickly went to hide as well, still holding the dagger that now had blood on it.

I ended up hiding behind a crate and I could hear the man cursing loudly. My heart was beating wildly in my chest and I went to touch my magic stone. I felt a bit scared thinking it wouldn't be there but calm down once I felt the familiar warmth at my fingertips. I could feel it giving off nervous pulses and that made me feel a bit better.