~I'll handle it~

Beginne am Anfang

Even Harry couldn't help but scream, "WTF" as he watched his Virat bhaiya hastily dial Ro's number.

The second Ro picked up, Virat launched with his questions but could you blame him? He was in the panic zone, after reading the article. Stuck between worrying for his bestie, kids and team and the consequences all at once.

"Ro, mere bhai, mere pyaare bhai, please tell me you didn't forget the quarantine rules. Please, please, tell me you didn't, you forget your bat, gloves, luggage, passport, jersey and everything but please, tell me you didn't, please!!"

Virat all but pleaded Rohit to say "no", for god sake, he couldn't take a " yes" as an answer. He would have a mini-panic attack here if Ro said "yes". God, God why now? The possible consequences of this breach making him shudder even thinking about them.

" no, we didn't," Rohit said normally, but Virat could hear his brother's silent pleading to believe him clearly in those words.

"Okay," Virat said.

Believing Ro instantly for they might bicker and fight all the time. But they believed each other and knew each other the best too, if, Ro said he didn't. Virat knew it meant he didn't.

"You believe me??" Virat could all but feel the disbelief in Ro's voice. Certainly, his best friend had been hounded and grated by many throughout the day.

"Of course, dummy. I do!! Now, switch to video call, I wanna check on my kids.  My poor kids facing such a fright," commented Virat dryly, feeling Hardik slump again, against him.

"Your kids and poor!! I've not heard a more ironical statement ever," Ro countered grumbling as he switched the call to video call.

Virat's eyes scanning his bestie the second the video was turned on. He could see the fatigue rolling off him. His brother was tired of this drama and Virat silently assured Ro that he'll get this handled. He trusted his brothers, after all.

And he'll protect them always. Even when he wasn't with them as he fussed over his poor Navi, Subhi, Rishuuu and Pri. He noticed the somewhat solemn atmosphere surrounding them and decided to cheer them.

After all, it was his jobs.

"Jinksy!! Pujji!! Jaddu! Ash!!" Virat yelled drawing their attention to himself, when he had it. He began over-dramatically as usual.

"How can you let him go alone? You know he's the biggest bhoolakar in the whole planet. At least, one of you should have gone with him and did anyone of you check what else he had forgotten there?"

"I didn't forget anything!!" Ro denied Virat's suggestion.

Jinksy spluttered about handling other kids.

Jaddu looked unimpressed.

Ash and Pujji didn't know whether Virat was being serious or joking, for his tone was joking, eyes not so much.

"Did he have his purse?" Virat continued ignoring, Rohit's protests.

And to add fire to the fuel, the kids went along with Virat ticking everything off Virat's list. Checking and re-checking Rohit's luggage.

Noticing, Rahul not participating much. Virat drew in his reclusive kid too.

"Rahuliya! My most Samajhdar kiddo!! Will you do me a favour? Will you babysit your B-ro? I can only trust you with this great task!" Virat said dramatically, drawing a smile from Rahul as he looked at his brother.

And a sleeping monkey attached to him.

"Sure!" Rahul nodded.

While this ignited a whole lot of debate from the rest on how they were samjhdar kiddos too. Especially, his Washy, who was sending him totally betrayed looks.

But Virat's ploy of distracting them had succeeded. So, he spent the rest of the time boosting their confidences and egos alike, as he praised his kids, bickered with his besties and ordered all of them to sleep.

All the while, having his own silent eye conversations with Jinks and Rahuliya. Letting the over-worried and thinking souls know, he'll sort it all out. He'll handle everything from here. He won't let anyone hagger his brothers.

Not now.

Not ever.

"I'll handle it" his eyes reassured Jinks again, while the same eyes let Rahul know, "I'm proud of you,"

For the way, both of them seemed to have been pulling the team through it all.

"Just don't give in. Don't give up. Be there for each other. For it's all that matters," he reminded them again, they were playing for themselves.

After disconnecting the call, Virat dragged and dropped Harry back to his room. Wishing him goodnight. Virat turned to leave, only to be stopped by Harry's sleepy question.

"You'll get it sorted, right, bhaiya?"

"Yeah, I'll" Virat promised.

****