ch13. His Amaryllis

Start from the beginning

"I'll be with you." He assured me. "What about Xavier?" I asked him. "Let's call Alexandra but she doesn't work for me anymore." He started thinking. "I'll call mom," I told him. "Alright, I'll drop Xavier at your parent's house." He said and I nodded.

After two hours, we were sitting in the living room. I was holding Ashton's hand as I saw Tina taking papers out. "I am new, my grandmother used to be a journalist and she had always told me stories about a real Romeo and Juliet." She started as she put a paper in front of me. "What do you want to know about?" She asked me. "Is your grandmother-"

"She was a journalist and I took her story, she couldn't find the missing baby and as soon as I heard about you, I came to the press to see with my own eyes." She said grinning. "Where is your grandmother?" I asked her. "Oh I would have brought her but she died five years ago." She said. "I am sorry." I nodded.

"Alright, I guess I should start from the beginning." She smirked. I approved it.

She started by drawing a house. "Here is a house where your grandfather Maxwell Black and his son Xavier Black used to stay at when they come here." She said writing their names. She draws another house on the opposite side of the paper. "Here is the house your uncle bought to spend summer vocations." She said. Then she wrote her name. "Do you know how your parents met?" She asked and I shook my head no. "Your uncle had an arranged marriage at that time and his wife had a best friend. Clarissa Hawk." She said as Ashton looked at me surprised. "Yes, she is your mother in law." She said typing her name. "She was married to Andrew Hawk who is the childhood best friend with Xavier." She said writing his name. "Your parents were best friends" she announced, Ashton and I were beyond shocked. Not only his mother but our fathers were best friends. 

"They all met that way. At first, Black and Vince didn't have a problem between them." She explained. "But then, your mother was already his fiancée or that's what people suspected. They said they got engaged but I don't have proof. After this rumor Vince and Black became enemies. I searched for the truth behind it. This is what I found." She gave me a piece of paper.

I took the paper and read it with Ashton. "This is a document for land. Dominic Vince wanted to buy that land, and Xavier Black also wanted to buy it for some reason Dominic let Xavier buy it. But if you see it here, it's written under your grandfather's name. It was a competition or something. I don't know the details, but all I heard was that. That's how it all started. After this, rumors were told that Dila and Xavier are dating. That's when your mother was forbidden from meeting Xavier." I tightened my hand and Ashton patted my back.

"After maybe two months, your mother ran away from her father and disappeared for a year." She said, I held my breath. "Xavier disappeared after a month. No one could find them. After a year, your mother was pregnant and found by her father. She was having troubles and was rushed into ER that's how he found her." She told me and show me a report. "This is the hospital bill that Xavier was paying when they were found."

"After that, they were separated?" I asked and she nodded. "Her father said she wasn't pregnant... but Xavier said she was." She said. "Yes, mom's father wanted her to have an abortion," I told her and she nodded typing it down. "What happened next?" Ashton asked as he assured me. I was trembling now, "your mother escaped when she was about to give birth. And As I was told she had her baby." She said. "Yes, uncle helped her and hid her from her father. She had her baby in a hospital near his vacation house." I told her and she shook her head no. "You weren't born in any hospital. You were born in his vocation house with the assist of your uncle's wife and your mother." She pointed at Ashton.

To say I was surprised was an understatement, I was Astonished at how could she deliver a baby without a doctor. "Thankfully, your uncle's wife was a doctor." She said and I breathed out. "Oh..." still it is shocking!.