"Regardless of what it meant to me, you were wrong to say it at all."

"If you're expecting an apology, you'll be waiting forever."

I scoffed lightly, "no, don't worry, I would never expect one from you. You hardly seem the type to even know what they are."

"I'm glad we have an understanding."

"And what of the quidditch tryouts?"

"What about them?" He raised his eyebrow in faux innocence.

"The way you treated Adrian was entirely unnecessary."

"I merely tested him."

"You humiliated him."

He leaned forward in his seat, taunting and vicious, "let me guess, did poor little Pucey cry to you afterwards? Did he ask his girlfriend to come tell off the big bad bully?"

"Don't be ridiculous, he isn't like that," I paused for a moment, "we aren't like that."

He smirked, resting back into his chair, "I simply did what was necessary."

"It was cruel, none of the other chasers had to do a drill."

"None of the others are unfit."

"That's bullshit, they were equally exhausted," I pointed out, determined not to be swayed on the matter.

"If your boyfriend can't handle instructions from his captain, then he shouldn't be on the team."

I ignored the preface of his comment, "just tell me why."

"Why not?"

"But why?"

I was grateful he couldn't see my leg bouncing under the table, frustration seeping out of me.

"I think we are done with this topic."

"Fine, then what do you have to say for yourself when it comes to Violetta?"

"What exactly are we referring to?"

"You've banned her from joining the quidditch team."

"She has no interest in playing anyway."

"And what if she did?"

He sighed in response, running a hand through his hair.

It was the first semblance of emotion I'd pulled from him all afternoon, stress.

His gaze met mine, a certain softness behind his eyes that I hadn't seen before.

"I don't exclude her to be mean, it's for her protection."

"Don't you think she could handle herself? Both of the beaters are girls after all, and they can play just fine, well in fact," I spoke softly, matching his change in tone.

"I know she could play easily enough, but I don't want to risk it."

"Why?"

"For the sake of her safety. It's dangerous when we actually play, especially for our team. We are notoriously harsh on the pitch, and so we receive the same treatment back. I don't want her getting hurt."

I stayed silent for a moment, thoughtful.

It was a logic that made perfect sense, and was, in fact, rather sweet for Draco all things considered.

"It's not just what happens on the pitch either. I'd rather she stay away from boys that just want to get into her pants, if I can help it anyway," he continued.