chapter five.

don't fuck with my freedomi came up to get me somei'm nasty, i'm evilmust be something in the wateror that i'm my mother's daughter

i came up to get me some
i'm nasty, i'm evil
must be something in the water
or that i'm my mother's daughter

The news that Sheriff Graham had a heart attack shook the whole of Storybrooke to its core, and Luna couldn't believe that she saw Graham only that morning after he admitted to her that he believed he remembered part of an old life he had. Soon after his death, his only employee, Emma Swan, was elected Sheriff in a town-wide vote (much to Regina Mills' dismay).

Operation Cobra was put on hold for the time being. Both Daisy and Henry were upset with the death of Graham, and they believed that part of it was because he was getting too close to the truth about the curse the town was under.

Luna began to spend most of her time at work after Emma was voted Sheriff. More people seemed to stop by and buy clothes, and with Emma's new fund, the woman had stopped by a couple of times to extend her closet. She now owned more than three shirts, and Henry was incredibly pleased with that.

She was just sorting through her cash register while Daisy was at school when the doorbell chimed. Luna looked up and was expecting one of her usual customers but instead came face-to-face with Mr. Gold. Luna stared at him for a moment, before knocking herself out of her gaze while the man walked up to her. Luna pulled out a stack of cash from the register and walked around the counter to meet the man halfway.

"Ms. Edwards, how have you been?" Gold asked, a small smile on his face.

"Yeah, I've been alright," Luna responded, then shook her head. "Heard what you did about the fire though, to try and make Emma win the election."

"I succeeded, though, didn't I?" He asked

Luna frowned. "She called you out on it and told the whole town."

"But that was my plan," he replied.

Luna frowned at him and then shook her head. "You're sneaky," she said as she held out the money to him. Gold just shrugged as he took the money. "Well, I hope you have a good day." Luna turned around and began to walk back towards the counter.

"Do you know me?"

Luna turned around and frowned. "Pardon?"

"Do you know who I am?" Gold repeated again.

Luna stared at the man before her, remembering how he has plagued her dreams for at least a month now. The man her mother had sold her to, the man who taught her great power and gave her a home and then so much more she had yet to remember. But as Luna looked the man up and down and stared into his eyes, eyes who knew exactly who she was, she shook her head. "You're Mr. Gold. You own a pawnshop and basically this whole town."

Gold slowly nodded and began to walk out of the store. "Very well. I'll see you in a months time, Ms. Edwards." Something dropped out of his hands and clattered onto the ground.