“He would often get seashells for you since he thought you'd miss the ocean so much.” Sam finished with a poker face. 

“Oh, I thought Jane was giving me those in the mail?” Melody chirped. Jane laughed. 

“He asked me to pack them since I make the packet look so pretty though I doubt that,” she explained grinning. Melody blushed from the very idea. 

“I hate you guys,” Jim grumbled. 

“I enjoyed them, so thank you Jim. I really appreciated it.” Melody smiled. Jim grinned back.  

“It’s great to have you back, Mel.” After heading to the park with them and enjoying the cold December air, Melody saw someone coming her way. Hercules was walking Pegasus and . Pegasus began wagging  his tail at the familiar scent. He started to bark wildly.

“Woah Pegasus! What is up with you?” Trying to control his pet, Hercules tugged him back. He turned his head to see where Pegasus was barking towards, and felt a pang in his gut. He started to run towards her. Melody almost felt like she was going to fall after he hugged her with all his strength. She returned the hug, feeling the butterflies again. 

“Missed me?” Melody joked. Hercules nodded his head in response, still hugging her his dog was jumping wanting to her hugs as well. It was almost back to normal. 

“So you’re stuck with those jerks?” Melody replied, Pegasus now sleeping on her lap. Hercules nodded, sour. 

“Yeah, all because they’re friends with this Gaston guy.” He explained having his back on the ground, completely at ease. 

“How bad is he?” she asked. 

“To the point, you would rather eat glass slippers than be near him."

"Cinderella? Really?"

"You're the one who wouldn't stop dressing me like a princess as a kid!" Hercules teased.

“Okay okay, Sir Goddess I give.” He rolled his eyes at the nickname. 

“Short stack.” after Hercules said that Melody flicked his forehead and he gripped his face. “Oh no, that hurts you evil siren!” he laid back and pretended to die. Melody huffed, crossing her arms. 

“No fair, I’m stuck with this adorable puppy.” He chuckled at her whining voice. 

“Too bad.” He stuck his tongue at her. He didn't see her gaze had landed on his backpack. 

“Well I suppose this is mine now!” she snagged his backpack grinning to see his priceless face. 

“Oh no, my backpack is off-limits.” he tried to get it back from her grasp. 

“Oh? Are you hiding something?” Melody teased once again waving his bag away from him. Hercules felt his heart beating faster, hoping to keep it a secret a bit longer. 

“Let’s have a look-see, why don't we?” she hovered her hand over the zipper. 

“No!” he panicked, and pinned her down to force the bag away from her hands. He gulped as he laid above her. They laid like that for a few more seconds as tension built. Finally Hercules scrambled back and threw his backpack over his shoulder. 

“S-sorry… I-I gotta go, I’ll see you before Christmas!” he shouted as he started running with Pegasus. Melody’s mind screamed in confusion as she wondered what was really that important in his bag. 

When she got home, Melody pales at the scene in front of her. Sam and Jane squished together on the couch, opposite Jim and Peter.  Her father looked pleasant and, by contrast, her friends looked horrified. Trident turned to see Melody, smiling and setting down a cup as though nothing happened.