Ready for Bed (Sakuatsu)

request for short_gremlin

Pairing;Sakuatsu
Caregiver Sakusa , Regressor Atsumu

<3
The dreaded routine was here once again.
Atsumu had been in headspace all day, from the moment he awoke throughout their easy going weekend routine , he needed it, having lately been stressed and anxious about recent games as well as upcoming events. But he always had his headspace to help him, and he had fallen deep into it, not even wanting the experience to end by the time Sakusa had decided it was a certain little boy's bedtime. But Atsumu didn't agree with that , he thought that because he was doing so rough lately he deserved to stay up, be as small as he wanted and do whatever he wanted. But that was far from the truth.

Currently his headspace was that of about five years old , a toddler , a 'little monster' as Sakusa described him. You see , Atsumu had a very different idea of what was fun to do in his headspace , he liked to go outside and jump in puddles , play in the dirt, he enjoyed getting messy about things. Which was the exact opposite of his germaphobe boyfriend , who thought it would be better for little Tsumu to be inside colouring or watching a nice movie. Not making a mess of himself. And that's where activities became a problem , though usually out of respect for the other , they would give whatever was suggested a chance. But even then, Atsumu was quite hard to say no to.

Activities weren't the only thing they disagreed on , bedtime was another big problem. Sakusa saw Atsumu as a child in this state , so he was supposed to treat him like one, give him bedtimes and healthy foods , things that would be good for someone in their developmental years. But Atsumu swore he was big enough to pick his own bedtime , to choose the stories he wanted to be read to him, to choose his meals. But the fact he still needed to be fed and read to said enough as it is. Here they were , Sakusa Kiyoomi , and a freshly out of the bath, Atsumu Miya, knowing the chaos that was about to begin. It was the calm before the storm. "sooo.. Omi-Omi ! Can I stay up and watch toons ?" He asked with a sweet little smile , it was honestly hard to say no to. But Sakusa said it anyway.
" Little one. You know you need sleep, it's late , we're both tired.." He explained while running a hand through his partners damp blonde hair.

" Not the both of us, just Omi !" Atsumu hummed proudly , placing his hands on his hips and wiggling about as he stomped to their bedroom , a tired Kiyoomi following behind him, sighing and just trying to remain as mature and distinguished as possible. " Can you at least get in your jammies ?" With that he earned a happy nod , and a bouncing Atsumu who shuffled through his bedside drawer to retrieve his two-piece fox decorated pyjamas. He adored them while he was small, they didn't make him look too big or too little , just right. Plus , when he lifted his arms his midsection was seen perfectly , meaning room for kisses and tickles , which he adored so much.

Sakusa helped him change like he always had , slipping them on with ease , followed by a soother clip so that he wouldn't lose his pacifying item in the middle of the night and had the option to find it easily if it happened to fall from his lips.
" All done." Kiyoomi simply said as he stared just down slightly at the blonde who was bouncing in circles energetically , he only hoped this would wear him out to the point where he would be sleepy enough to be clinging to Kiyoomi and begging for a bedtime story. " Toons before bed ?" Atsumu asked happily , a little grin on his face as he pacifier dangled from his shirt.

Sakusa sadly shook his head , ruffling Atsumu's hair before he himself crawled into the bed and under the sheets. But Atsumu didn't wanna sleep ! He wasn't tired at all ! So he gently stomped his foot against the ground and whined. Using his doughy hazel eyes he looked up at Sakusa , it was the puppy dog stare, like he was pouting for a treat , which he certainly would. And Kiyoomi couldn't just leave him upset and whimpering , so he just groaned and ran a hand through his hair. " We can pick a story. But no cartoons until tomorrow." He said bluntly , making his boyfriend let out a little squeal before running to pick a story. ' the fox and the hound ' It was his favourite, a sweet story of friendship that always left little Tsumu in tears.

Sakusa took the book in one hand and opened his posture , letting Atsumu have the ability to lay against him, which he absolutely did , with one of Kiyoomi's hands playing with his hair , he leaned against the other's chest. Pacifier now in his mouth, he felt a sudden wave of drowsiness pass over him, his eyes felt droopy as he listened to the story.. maybe sleeping wouldn't be so bad.. maybe he could get a good rest and be happy and little again tomorrow. Oh he only hoped to be this little again tomorrow.

And with that thought , Atsumu was fast asleep , cuddling against Sakusa and snoring softly. Scoffing , Kiyoomi whispered 'knew it,' And he did. He knew as soon as the Miya twin hit the bed he would be passed out , having been so rambunctious all day long , it would've tired anyone out , let alone Atsumu. So pressing a kiss to the blonde hair beneath him, Kiyoomi switched off the lamp beside the bed , still stroking his boyfriends hair as he fell asleep as well, the both of them in a state where they didn't have to worry about the next day , it was just the two of them , just peaceful , just together.

And Kiyoomi didn't have to worry about getting his little one a good rest.

<3
sorry if this was short !