12. The New Tricks...

Start from the beginning

"Da?" Lilly frowned. "No love I think you want to say Ma." 

"No sweetheart, he wants to say 'Da'.  Dad to be precise." She heard that now very familiar voice coming from behind her  and when she turned around she found Ashton standing in front of her.

He walked past her as he picked Sam up in the air making him laugh and squeal with joy.
"How are you doing my son?" Ashton asked and Sam replied with something in his gibberish language.

Ashton then turned his attention to Lilly and pulling her from her waist he planted a soft kiss on her lips. When he finally straightened she looked at him in shock and exasperation.

"Why did you do -"

Before she could complete her sentence he placed a finger on her lips and gave a flirty smile as he said, "Darling, did you miss me?"

'Darling!?' All her organs repeated the word in unison. Completely and utterly in shock.
'Did you eat something funny for breakfast?' she had wanted to ask but before she could do so he lowered his head a little and whispered in his ear, "There is a maid standing behind you and we have to act like a good couple. Remember?"

"Does a maid watching us makes the kiss necessary?" she hissed.

"Sweetheart," he smiled again.
"I had been away for one whole week. Did not miss me? Not even a little bit?"

She looked at him, her cheeks still a little pink and her heart still a little fast she offered him her best 'go to hell' smile.
"Oh yes, I missed you so much that I couldn't sleep at night."

"Good. You are a quick learner." he smiled near her cheek.
"Come now, let's go in. I am tired and hungry."

With Sam still on his arm he snaked an arm around her waist leaving her with no option but to follow along with him. As they reached the doorstep a maid greeted him, "Good evening, Mr King. The dinner will be served soon." With that she excused herself.

" I'll help Sam to clean up." Saying this Lilly quickly took Sam from Ashton's hold and walked in the direction of nursery while he stood there and watched till she disappeared from his sight.

He had been away for a week and he hadn't lied when he said that he missed her. This girl refused to budge from his mind. He had tried so hard to get her of his brain but she withheld her ground. He could no longer deny the fact that he felt attracted to her. That attraction began when he looked into those beautiful dark orbs for the first time and it only increased after they sealed the wedding deal with a kiss.

One kiss and then he wanted another and then one more. Her soft side which she only showed to Sam, the way she acted around and treated the toddler as if the little boy was her world, the why she smiled at him with so much love and affection, her soft spoken words which were only reserved for the toddler... intrigued him even more. It raised his curiosity in her even more and he just couldn't help it.

Then he finally decided if he had to keep Sam by his side then he would need to keep Lilly too beside him. With his wife still at home he couldn't go around sleeping with other women as that would be considered cheating on his wife and that would be disrespectful to her.

Ashton king was a man of pride, he never did anything that could give people a chance to frown upon his actions. He was a man and not a dick head so now he decided to bring a change to this game. He was done playing hide and seek. Now it was time to change the game. If she was going to run then he would chase.

"This would be so much fun." he smiled to himself. It was time to start with the first step to his plan.

They ate their dinner and after putting Sam to sleep Lilly went to her room. The week had been peaceful when she had no need to worry about how to face Ashton King. But now when he was back once again in her life she had no idea about how she was going to act or react around him. This man screamed danger so she just wanted to say stay away from him and get this marriage work for the sake of Sam.

"Maybe if we act like friends this marriage will not feel that much of a burden." Lilly thought to herself as she opened the closet to find her pyjamas.

"What!?" Lilly was shocked to find an empty closet staring back at her.
"Where are my clothes?" just then a maid  entered the room.

"Mrs King,"

"Mia, where are my clothes? Why is my closet empty?"

"Oh that's because I shifted your belongings to Mr King's room.  When the very next day of wedding Mr King disappeared for a week we all got a bit worried and thought that something wrong between you two but then he returned and he personally asked me to bring your belongings to his room." the maid continued with a smile while a bewildered Lilly looked back at her in complete shock.
"Now I understand that something urgent must have come up and you didn't move to his room because that room would remind you of him. You didn't want to miss him. I guess, I said too much." Mia have a nervous laugh.

'Yes,, you did.' Lilly affirmed silently.
'How much of romance does she really watch and read?' Lilly wondered.

"It's alright. I love to hear your talk." Lilly  smiled at her and it wasn't a lie. Mia was a nice girl.
"Are you working late tonight? I mean it's already time your work ends."

''Actually there is some pest problem in our quarters so Mr King said that we can stay here in the main house till the pest control is done." And with that all the hopes of Lilly to bring her clothes back to her room quashed.

"So we will be staying here for the next few days and if you need anything feel free to give me a call." Mia caught her attention again.

"Oh...Thank you. That's really sweet of you."

"I should leave now. You must be getting late, Mrs King." Mia said giving her a knowing smile which Lilly had no desire to decipher.

Taking a deep breath she marched towards Ashton's room. Saying she was furious would be an understatement. By the time she reached his doorstep her anger was at peak.

"What the hell does he think of himself?" Just as she opened the door and entered one step into the room her steps came to a halt.