10. Wedding bells...

Next came the wedding day. From the early morning, everyone got busy with the preparations. Lilly noticed the way three maids were running about the house as if they had been ordered to prepare a feast and deal with hundreds of guests while Lilly knew there won't be anyone other than the priest and servants and the couple, of course.

"Why are they making such a big fuss?" Lilly sighed as she lied on the bed again and covered her head with a pillow in hopes of shutting out all the voices.

There came a knock at the door and the same maid from yesterday entered.
"Would you like to eat something before you get ready for the wedding?"

"It's just eight and wedding is later in the day. Don't you think we have a lot of time to get me ready?" Lilly smiled at the woman.

"Well, yes. So I will bring something for you to eat then."

"Thanks. And would you please bring Sam along if he is up?"

"Yes, of course."

To be honest, Lilly had pretty much lost her appetite since the moment she landed in the states. It made her wonder if it was the nervousness from the wedding or jetlag that had affected her appetite but whether she felt hungry or not she knew she needed to eat.

Sighing, she got up from the bed and brushed her teeth when she heard the sweet soft voice of her little angel. Washing her face she went back to the room and found Sam waiting for her.

"Good morning, Sam." Lilly smiled at the toddler as he excitedly stretched his hands towards her for her to take him in a hug to which she happily obliged.

After a quick breakfast with Sam, she helped him in the bath when a maid informed that the stylist and makeup women will be arriving in an hour.

Handing Sam to the maid Lilly took a quick shower to be ready before the arrival of the crew. After a fresh bath, she entered her room to find three other young ladies waiting upon her.

"Hello, Ms Lilly." one of the women came forward and shook hands.

"Hi, I hope I didn't make you wait for too long."

"Oh no. We just arrived. Now without any delay let's get you ready for your big day."

It took 1 hour 45 minutes to get the bride ready to walk down the aisle. When Lilly finally saw her reflection in the mirror she was surprised. She looked good. Beautiful to be precise. A small smile touched her face while the sadness filled her heart as she wondered how her parents and sister would have reacted if they were here and see Lilly dressed as a bride.

"You look really beautiful." The maid complimented as she entered the bride's room with Sam in her arms.

"Beuiii...beuiii."  Sam imitated maid's words as he looked at Lilly.

The little guy was ready wearing his tuxedo. He looked so adorable that the sadness from earlier just evaporated at his appearance.

"You look so handsome, my love." She said hugging him tightly as she kissed his cheek.

"Congratulations once again on your big day." The stylist congratulated the bride. "Now that you are ready our work is done."

"Thanks." Lilly thanked the styler as they left.

Soon another maid came running in and informed.
"The priest is here and Mr, King is also waiting for you."

"Let me help you." The other maid helped her to stand and handed her a bouquet.

The door opened and the maid guided her to the living room followed by the other maid with Sam in her arms. As Lilly moved out of the room she noticed how the house was decorated with flowers and ribbons. It wasn't much grand but it looked beautiful.