Chapter 24

"Quanto scommetti su di me che costringe questa donna a dormire con me?" a man behind me asked in a thick Italian accent. I understood what he said because I had learnt Italian in school. I was surprised I still remember it. By the way, what he said was pretty rude.

(How much do you bet on me making this woman to sleep with me?)

"Non lo so Colton, forse centomila dollari? Mi sembra una ragazza dura." he said walking in front of me and checking me out shamelessly. The nerves of this man.

Wait! He said Colton! And this is a mafia party so he could be here. I calmed myself down and hoped he wouldn't know who I am. But who am I kidding? He probably has already seen me before.

(I don't know Colton, maybe a hundred thousand dollars? Seems like a tough chick to me.)

"Dovresti saperlo meglio che parlare di queste cose di me quando sono proprio di fronte a te." I said, standing up and facing him. He was tall, muscular and good looking. I think he identified me.

(You should know better than to talk such things about me when I am right in front of you.)

"Tu parli italiano?" he asked, surprised.

(You speak Italian?)

"Ovviamente, se stiamo avendo questa conversazione in questo momento" I replied, smirking.

(Obviously, if we're having this conversation right now)

"I wonder, Rose, what a woman like you would be doing in a place like this and that too all alone." he said, stepping very close to me and and running his hand up towards the end of the slit. It felt gross. Oh and he had identified me. I grabbed his hand and removed it from my thigh.

"You don't do that to me." he said, grabbing me by my wrist and pushed me in a nearby room. Why did I not choose a crowded place to sit?

"So, you have been fucking Kai lately, haven't you?" he asked pinning me against the wall so that I couldn't move.

"Yes. How did you know?" I stood my ground.

"I have my ways." he said coming dangerously close to me. It felt totally gross. He was good- looking and all but now I cared about no one other than Kai. I gagged in his face but he ignored it.

"It was me who approached you first. But you turned me down. Remember?" he asked in a dealy tone.

Then it struck me. I had seen him before. I was in a club, all drunk and he had tried to force me to sleep with him. I had punched him in his face and somehow managed to escape that. This was just a few months before Kai had come to live in my apartment.

"Oh. So it was you whom I punched in the face." I said in a tone of realisation, mocking him.

"Yes. It was me. But you turned me down. And now, I am going to get my revenge." his hand slid inside the slit of my dress and he rubbed my sex through my panties while his other held my arms above my head. Unlike Kai, what he did was not pleasurable. He was forcing himself on me. He was trying to rape me. I wanted Kai to come but I knew he was busy. I had to handle this myself.

Within a second, I raised my knee and kicked him in the balls. The pain made him loosen his grip on my hand. And I snatched them away from his. I punched and kicked him till he fell to the ground. Thankfully he couldn't punch back because apparently, I had kicked him very hard. I gave him a final kick on his face which made him spit blood from his mouth.

I was about to walk out but then I decided to click a picture of him to show it to Kai. He would be proud. I quickly opened my camera, clicked his picture and walked away. I was just in time. Because I saw him come out of the room, hiding his face just after me.

I tried to find a safe place until Kai comes but there wasn't one because this room was filled with mafia men. I felt arms wrap around me. I was about to scream but turned around to see Kai.

"You scared me Kai." suddenly I felt a surge of emotions and tears started to escape my eyes. I stopped them and wiped my eyes. Kai instantly pulled me to his chest.

"Let's get out of here." he said.

I felt a little relief as soon as we exited the mansion.

"What happened, Rose?" Kai asked as soon as we sat in the limo.

"I will tell you afterwards." I mumbled.

"Tell me right now Rose, what happened?" he raised his voice, losing his patience. This angered me. There was no need to get angry.

"I said I will tell you afterwards." I raised my voice too. My eyes were still glossy from tears.

"I know something is wrong. You never cry. Please tell me." he said trying to calm himself down.

"It's not something I can tell you here. I will tell you once we get back home." I buried my head in his chest. Even though I had fought Colton, it still had some kind of effect on me. This was the second time he did something like that to me.

The next problem was telling Kai about this. I had to tell him in the safest way possible, making sure he doesn't do something. But I know whatever way I told him, the next minute he would be trying to go and kill him.

I opened my eyes as sunlight peeked through the windows. I was startled to see Kai staring at my face with love evident in his eyes.

"I love you." he said, pulling me closer to him.

"I love you too." I pecked him on the lips. And then memories of yesterday night came flooding to my mind. I think I fell asleep in the car.

"Didn't I fall asleep in the car?" I asked.

"Yes. I carried you here and changed your clothes." he smirked.

"Well nothing you haven't seen before." I shrugged. Actually I found that totally hot but decided not to show it.

"Are you okay? You seemed pretty upset yesterday." Kai asked after I came out of the closet.

"Yes I am now. And about that, I want to tell you something." I said sitting beside him on the couch.

"Then tell."

"First you have to promise me you won't do anything or get too much angry." I warned him.

"I can't promise that. You cried yesterday Rose. It has to be something bad." his voice was laced with worry.

"Well it is something bad. But please try to control yourself and be in your right mind.

"Okay." he nodded.

"So basically, he tried to rape me." I concluded my story. By now Kai was angry. He had already broken a vase and cracked the glass he was holding. He stopped breaking things when I started talking, laying my head on his chest.

"I am going to kill that motherfucker right now. How dare he touch you!" he had his hands held in a fist so tight that his knuckles were white. I would not be surprised if his hand started bleeding.

"Well, that makes the two of us and no Kai, you won't kill him. Not right now. You would just start a war if you did that. And we don't want a war right now. Even Enzo isn't here. He wouldn't want to miss a war would he?" I chuckled.

"Oh and I have something to show you." I said picking up my phone from the nightstand. "This is Colton's face after I beat him up." I said showing him the photo I had taken earlier. He burst out laughing after seeing it.

"You hit him bad, Rose. Seriously, this photo is a masterpiece." he said as he continued to laugh.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I don't know what to say so, do vote, share and comment. ❤❤