Chapter 1

This is "CliffSide," a lawless town ruled by only the most ruthless, Johnny Law evandin'-est, no good horse spookin'-est, dastardly of the dastardly. This been my home since Pa died from the sickness year prior. Name's Bucky Jones. A gunslinger, outlaw and now the sheriff here. 

Bucky Jones: Draw!

As the sheriff, he has many responsibilities, such as defending the town from bandits and monsters. He draws his gun out and fires a couple bullets at the shadowy creature.

Elizabeth: Bucky, my dad needs ya.

Bucky: Watch it!

The creature roars and throws a blade, cutting her hair. Bucky reacted by killing the creature.

Elizabeth: That's scary.

Elizabeth Constance, the most honest person in town just like her sister. Sometimes they're partners... other times, they're something else.

Bucky continues to kill the creatures, but the more he shoots down, the more it replicates itself.

Bucky: Oh for fuck sake! 

He grabs Elizabeth's hand and runs. The creatures attacked as the two ran.

Bucky: Hey! Get out of the way!

Background Street Crosser (BGSC): [crossing the street] Oh, don't mind me, just moseying along! [Creature pounces] Ooo! [in pain] Ahh! Oh my!!!!

The creatures caught up to them and blocked their path. 

Bucky: [fires] Damn! I'm out of bullets.

Elizabeth: [carrying shotgun] Same.

Bucky: [sees her kills] ... [shoots the last creature]

~***~

After the creatures were taken care of, the two ride off to investigate a crash not far from town. They got there to see the entire train on one side and its passengers missing.

Elizabeth: Remember how this town is [jumps off train car] surrounded by monsters?

Bucky: I know. Pa would've still be here if it wasn't for that bastard.

Elizabeth: The entire town already witness that.

Bucky: Anyhow. [reloads revolver] You check the cars for any clues. I'm going to search the woods.

He ventures into the woods, however, something was off the very moment his hand was caught in a web. Bucky found himself trapped on a massive web under the light of the full moon.

Bucky: Mrrmmm... ...Hmmm? [struggling; causes vibration] Hmmm? [sees shadowy figure] Uhhhh. Hello?

The figure revealed claws as a bird got caught in the web.

Cordie: [giggling; picks up bird; giggling intensifies; tries to eat bird but pokes its way to escape] Four of my eyes!

Bucky: Okay... that was just weird.

Cordie: No it wasn't. It was... Hehe... horrifying. [showing off her claws] I'm going to eat you now. [noms finger]

Bucky: [stops her] Knock it off. [frees himself and lands on the ground]

Cordie: [appears from behind] That was nifty!

Another monster perched on the trees.

Yannis: [roars] Oof. Well what do we have here? Looks like Cordie finally caught something other than flies!