𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟸𝟷 - 𝙳𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝙶𝚘

Start from the beginning

She forgot about the wound as she focused on reuniting with the others to get rid of the people who ruined the place she once called 'home'.

"It's not over..." Y/n panted for air as she forced her body to move forward and find the others.

It felt like chains had been attached to her ankles to keep her from escaping the room that filled with the scent of dead animals and old plants.

Bertholdt asked if Armin tried talking to him about Annie because he thought it would work a second time, since Bertholdt is supposed to be meek and timid.

He understood that Armin is trying to buy time, letting the Survey Corps soldiers surround them and allowing others to finish off Reiner.

Armin asked why Bertholdt bothered talking with him if he knew what they were planning to do.

Bertholdt admitted that he needed to know whether he would break down and start whining and begging for forgiveness if he faced his old comrades again.

He discovered that he no longer feels conflicted about his duty, and told Armin that, though he still considered the Scouts his comrades, he has no qualms about killing them all.

"And that's because...we're demons to you?" Armin lowered his head, sweat trickling down his forehead.

"No. None of you have done anything wrong, and you're not demons either. But you all still have to die. That's all I have to say." Bertholdt replied.

Without warning, Y/n leaped up behind Bertholdt and tried to go for the killing blow. She was listening in to their conversation.

She had passed out in the building Armin and Bertholdt were standing on. What a lucky coincidence.

If Bertholdt didn't tell them that they had to die, Y/n wouldn't have ambushed Bertholdt and instead, she would've joined up with the rest.

Bertholdt got his blade up fast enough to block her, only losing an ear as he kicks her off the roof.

"Y/n!" Armin exclaimed, surprised to see her alive. Mikasa, who was standing on another building, was shocked but relieved.

Bertholdt tried to finish off Armin, but Y/n threw one of her blades at him. Unfortunately, the attack was blocked.

"Don't lay a hand on him!" Y/n yelled, using her ODM gear to force herself forward. This made Bertholdt retreat.

"Don't follow him. He could transform any time." Y/n blocked Armin from chasing after him.

"We need to keep our distance if we don't wanna get caught in another explosion." Y/n reminded.

Eren suddenly let out a roar, startling everyone near him. Armin and Y/n turned around to see Eren charging at the two of them.

"H-Hold on, Eren! What are you doing?!" Armin yelled in surprise. Y/n just stared at him, confused.

Suddenly, Eren picked Y/n's body in his hand and just let out a roar, as if he was scolding her for scaring him.

"Yeah, yeah, I was just caught by surprise. You think I would just go down without a fight. Do you think of me as someone that weak?" Y/n grumbled.