"Can't really feel much at the moment to be honest, but I'm sure when the meds wear off I'll be in a little pain," he said, gesturing to the drip attached to his arm before looking around Joey and his eyes landing on me. "Is this who I have to thank for finding us?"

"Sure is. This is my girlfriend, Morgan," Joey introduced.

"Hey, glad to see you are looking in good spirits," I said holding my hand out to shake his.

"Only thanks to you. I was told about the search. Also thanks to you Joey. You could have left me and gone to get help, but you stuck with me when I was injured. Thanks bud."

"I just did what I thought was right at the time. No options were ideal."

"Well, I'm still grateful to both of you," he said, offering us both a small smile.

We stayed to chat for another ten minutes, but being conscious of Joey's parents waiting for us we said our farewell's and left.

Finally, we were leaving the hospital. Settling into the back seat of the car I felt like I was letting out a deep breath I didn't know I was holding. Anxiousness that I had only be vaguely aware I was feeling. I reached across the middle seat and took Joey's hand in mine.

"I'd like if we don't have to return here anytime soon. As nice as your room was, this whole experience was far too stressful," I said, playing with his fingers.

"I'll do my best," he smiled at me apologetically. Looking him in the eye, I mouthed 'I love you'.

David and Sophia dropped us to the boys house. They offered to come inside but we insisted that we just wanted to shower and rest, so reluctantly they left, insisting that Joey needed to call to check in every day and made sure I knew to take him to a doctor if he had any of symptoms that the doctor mentioned.

The house was unusually quiet when we walked inside. No one watching tv, no one eating or studying at the large dining table.

"Where is everyone?" I questioned.

"Um, I'm not actually sure. But it looks like we have the house to ourselves," he said looking at me suggestively as he walked towards the kitchen.

"I need a shower," I shut him down heading for the stairs.

Joey grabbed a bottle of Gatorade from the fridge and quickly followed me upstairs.

"I think we both need a shower," he rumbled in my ear as he caught up to me, resting his hands on my hips. "And I would really like to thank you properly for finding me," he said between soft kisses on my neck as he pushed his body flush against mine. I shivered, feeling his hard muscles and strong arms.

I turned in his arms to face him, taking his hands and walked backwards towards the bathroom. Joey closed the door behind him, snipping the lock in case anyone came home, as I turned the water on, allowing it to heat up.

As steam began to envelop the bathroom, we took our time undressing each other between slow and sensual kisses. Taking our time to savour each other, remind the other one how much they mean. Once undressed, we stepped under the water, letting it surround us as we stood holding each other.

Deciding if we were ever going to get back out of the shower, one of us had to make a move, I reached behind Joey to take the soap and loafer, lathering it up and running it along his whole body. This moment between us more intimate and filled with more meaning than any we had previously shared as we looked in each other's eyes and traced every line of the others body.

Once we were clean, Joey turned the water off and stepped out, collected two large fluffy towels from the cabinet, he wrapped one around my body for me. Silently, we collected our clothes from the floor and made our way through the still silent house to Joey's room.