26.| new year and heartbreak

Start from the beginning

The house was all decorated, and snacks were laid out on a table. Y/n was cuddled up to Mikey, clinging on tightly at the news that their brother had moved away without a word. Mikey stroked a hand in their hair and rubbed small circles with his thumb on their waist, trying to comfort the small teen. Brendon and Pete we're shouting at each other whilst playing video games with Patrick and Ryan watching their boyfriends argue with one another. Everyone else was slowly arriving, when Gerard and Frank walked in Frank whined lowly before running over to y/n and pulling them away from their boyfriend's comfort to hug them tightly. Frank felt y/n begin to shake under his arms, and stood up. He took their hand before leading them into the kitchen where he placed his hands on their cheeks, Gerard sent concerned glances towards his brother who just shook his head as an 'i will explain later'.

In the kitchen Frank frowned when he noticed tears start to well in y/n's eyes, he gently stroked his thumbs just under their eyes as tears began to fall. Y/n held her hands over Frank's, seeking warmth from the other teen.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Frank whispered, never stopping the circular movements with his thumbs.

"Y-you know Dan?"

"Your brother?"

"Yeah," y/n nodded, "he- he isn't coming. He fucking moved to L-London without telling me." y/n stuttered, eyebrows scrunching angrily although the tears were there out of sadness.

Frank bit his lip to fight back a giggle, remembering what Pete had separately messaged everyone saying. Instead he sighed, pulling the crying teen to his chest and hugging them as they began to quietly sob. He rubbed his hands down their back, fitting his head between their neck and shoulder as a prompt for them to do the same.

"Oh bubs, I'm sorry. Hey, we can think and talk about all that later, yeah? We're here to celebrate and enjoy the night, okay? I promise as soon as this is over we'll talk about it and we can go to the Way's house and claim the living room and the tv for, like, a week if you want." Frank smiled as he heard a small giggle come through the tears.

"Okay Frankie." y/n sniffed, pulling back from Frank and smiling at him.

"Come on pretty, let's get you cleaned up and then let's join the others." Frank grinned, taking y/n's hand and dragging them up the stairs and to the bathroom.

~

Downstairs, though, the last few people we're walking through the door. Tyler and Josh walked in hand in hand, followed by Dallon holding the hands of a pretty girl, then followed by two more people. Pete ran up to the last two and hugged them, smiling widely as he stepped back.

"You made it!" Pete grinned, bouncing on his feet slightly.

"Yeah, we did."

~

After Frank had helped clean y/n up a little, he practically dragged them down the stairs after checking his phone. He pulled y/n behind him to block their vision as they entered the living room where everyone was still and quiet, before pulling y/n's hand to drag them away from being behind him. Y/n's eyebrows were scrunched together in confusion at the silence, but as they were about to speak someone cleaned their through. Y/n gasped, pulling away from Frank's grip and rushing over to the person who cleared their throat as they jumped on the person by the door.

"Dan!"

"Hey short ass." Dan chuckled, holding y/n tightly as they wrapped their legs around his waist.

The two siblings stayed like that for a while, everyone else watching with smiles on their faces. Frank edged his way over to Gerard who pulled the other down into his lap. After a few minutes y/n jumped down from Dan, then proceeded to roughly punch his arm.

"What the fuck? You told me you moved and weren't coming! You fucking shit head!" Y/n pouted, crossing their arms and even stomping a little.

"The moving thing wasn't a lie," Dan bit his lip and rubbed the back of his head, "but Pete messaged me a few days ago asking if I could come down."

"What?"

"Hey, by the way." Phil laughed from beside Dan. Y/n then rushed over to hug Phil.

"Hi, sorry but i gotta," y/n stepped back then turned around, searching for Pete, "Peter-"

"uh oh." Was heard from the couch that Mikey and Gerard were sat on. Y/n ran and tackled Pete to the floor, a small 'oof' came from him as he hit the ground causing everyone to laugh.

"You absolute fucker!" Y/n groaned, but then hugged Pete and whispered a small thank you.

Once everyone was settled down and there was about three hours before midnight, Dallon finally introduced who he had brought with him.

"Soo, guys, this is Breezey." He smiled, putting an arm around the shoulders of the pretty girl sat next to him.

"Hi." She smiled, making her look even prettier.

Soon enough introductions from everyone else were given, then Brendon handed everyone drinks. Pete put music on where everyone began to sing, later on everyone began dancing until someone announced it was a minute before midnight. Everyone in the room stood up as the countdown began, the room filled with shouts of numbers until it was all silent, well, mostly. Brendon and Ryan started it off as they began kissing as midnight struck, then Pete and Patrick, it went in canon until Mikey and y/n we're the last two. Y/n jumped up, wrapping their arms and legs around Mikey before whispering 'happy new year' and kissing him. They broke off with a smile as everyone else shouted their new years, after that everyone drank more and more, getting more drunk by the hours until they all kind of just passed out on each other.

~A/N; hey guys! so, i've been thinking. since so many of you enjoy this story, would you guys like it if i made another Mikey x Reader? It won't be like this, there won't be messages (well, there will but the whole thing won't be based around it). If you guys want that, could you maybe help by giving little ideas of a main idea to base it off? i appreciate all the support you guys give, thank you! and happy new year, i guess.

i actually have 2 draft stories of Mikey x Reader, but i'm not too sure if i like them ahh.

stay safe, stay rad. ktf.

~xoB🦇~