𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷𝟿 - 𝙳𝚊𝚝𝚎

Start from the beginning

Growing up as someone who had killed multiple people and witnessed people getting massacred is not what my younger self expected from me.

I guess we don't grow up as the people we expect and hope to be. That's the sad reality, isn't it?

I closed the book and let out a sigh. Finishing the book is quite tiring unless it's an actually good book.

"Oh, are you done? I just finished as well." Armin said. He was so immersed in the book that it looked like he was actually understanding the characters there.

"We should get going. We've been in here a bit longer than we should've been." Armin suggested.

"Sure." I replied, standing up from my seat. We placed the books back and bid our farewell to the librarian.

"What was your book about?" I asked, striking up a conversation with him. We're planning to go eat somewhere.

"It's about a man who had been seeing another woman despite already having a lover." he replied.

"That's all? Was it at least interesting?" I asked. How can something like that be interesting for him to finish?

"Well, that's not all actually. His past life is actually the cause of his love for another woman." he explained.

"What do you mean by that? His past life is the cause of cheating?" I raised a brow at him. It's actually not that bad, but it doesn't make sense.

"Basically, he's in love with a woman. His past life had feelings for another woman who's still alive. This caused him to fall in love with two people." he elaborated.

"It doesn't sound too bad. So, what's the conflict of the story? A story can't be formed without a conflict." I questioned.

"His past life is hindering the man's life. He wants to love his lover, but his past life wants to love another. He doesn't know who to love and what he should do." he answered.

"Hm, how about the climax? Does he go psycho and turn completely single or something?" I joked.

"No and yes. It's his true lover that goes insane. She plans to kill the woman his past life was in love with." he retorted.

"Ah, I see. So, what happened in the end? Do they live happily ever after like most fairytales?" I asked.

"No...it ended horribly. It's a sad story, really. The man ends up single and he never leaves his house in fear that his lover will come after him." he said.

"The woman in his past life hated the man. His true lover turned into a serial killer who slaughtered every woman insight to make sure he doesn't fall in love with another person." he added.

"I understand her reaction and decision but that's a bit too much. She's insane." I remarked.

"Oh, since we're here, we could get lunch. I'll pay for it." he offered. Well, I am hungry and we still got time.

We then made our way to a place where we could eat something for lunch. We ended up entering a nearby cafe.

"I'm still not used to seeing you wear something casual." he admitted as someone showed us to a table.

"I don't blame you. I haven't gotten used to it either. Well, we do often see each other in our uniforms." I shrugged.

"And what would you two lovebirds like for today?" she asked, glancing at the menu we were holding.

"Oh, I'd like the Chicken Alfredo." he informed, trying his best to ignore the waitress's comment about us. He was failing miserably, though.

"I'd like the same as him." I said. His face was completely red and he was hiding it behind the menu.