--three

chapter threethe talk

chapter three
the talk

THE PRESIDANT POPPED up onto the tv, "People of America, as you have witnessed, the heroics have been captured. Military forces are stepping in, mobilizing to bring our heroes back. But it looks rather hopeless - it's bad - it - it's hopelessly bad."

"How did this guy get to be president? He can't even put two sentences together!" Facemaker complains.

"We have just received a message, a message from the supreme commander of the aliens that has been decoded. It reads, 'We are from the planet Ogima. Unfortunately, we have no choice but to prepare you for, takeover. Please comply or else earth will be destroyed. You have three hours.' I'm afraid that was the entire message. There are no heroes left. God save us all." And just like that the tv shut down turning black. The kids all looked at each other fear written on their faces.

"Children." The kids jumped as Ms. Granada popped onto the screen, "For your own safety, we're going into full lockdown. No one leave your seats. As long as you stay where you are, you are all safe." The tv gets pulled up when the message is complete.

"Yeah right, They can't protect us from that. We just saw it." Noodles says.

"You got a better idea?" Wildcard asks.

"We should probably do what Ms. Granada says." Guppy adds.

"Uh, Pardon me, but-" Missy gets cut off,

"The last look on my dad's face will haunt me forever." Facemaker copies his dads face.

"What do they want from us?" A Capella asks.

"Do you think our parents are okay?"

"Uh, excuse me?" Missy says.

"What?" Wildcard asks annoyed.

"We need to leave this room right now." She states.

"Why?" Guppy asks.

"The aliens know where we are, and they're coming for us next." Bella answers.

"Your agreeing with her?" Wildcard looks to Bella who rolls her eyes. Missy walks over to Ojo and looks down at her.

"Can I borrow this for a minute?" She asks going to the front of the room, "Ojo drew these." She shows the drawings, "Facemaker standing standing on top of floating chairs, Noodles smashing the exercise ball." Missy swipes through the drawings.

"She draws what she sees, big deal." Wildcard says.

"She drew these things five minutes before it happened. Ojo's superpower isn't that she can draw, she can draw the future." Missy states.

"Okay, Cool. Good for Ojo. What's your point." Wildcard asks.

"She also drew these alien creatures breaking into this very room, there." Missy points to the vents.

"Wow! You're saying they'll come through here." Noodles asks.

"Missy has a point! All these drawings suddenly make perfect sense!" Wheels exclaims looking at the drawings, "Ojo can see the future!"

"Okay, let me get this straight. Some new girl shows up with absolutely zero powers, and suddenly we're gonna go what she says?" Wildcard asks.

"Just a moment ago you agreed we weren't safe here." Missy says.

"We're safer in here than we are running around with you playing caption." Wildcard states.

"No, it would be safer, because she would have me as co-caption, helping her." Bella swings a arm around Missy who smiles at her.

"I just wanna get out of here. If anyone wants to join us you're free to follow." Missy says.

"Fine!" Wildcard slaps the table getting up, "We're getting our of here but only because I say so, you got that?" He questions getting no response just an eye roll from Bella.

"Wait Missy." Bella looks at the girl, "What's the plan?"

"Yeah Missy, what's the plan?" Wildcard smirks.

"Well, I figure this is kind of like making an omelet. You always start by-"

"Breaking some eggs." Noodle says as they stare at the door.

authors note
I'm not gonna focus on the beginning chapters just when it begins to get cringy!