𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Start from the beginning

Luna furrowed her eyebrows at her mother's sharp tone. "Why do you assume I've done something wrong?"

Her response caused her to receive a glare from her mother, and a disappointed look from her dad.

"Don't try and be smart, Luna." Leo scolded her. "Answer your mother's question. What did you do that got you called into the principal's office?"

Luna scoffed, offended at the fact her parents believed her lie so easily, and at the fact they had such little faith in her that they could only assume that she had done something wrong.

"Nothing." Luna continued to insist. "I didn't do anything. They called me along to give me this!"

Luna, having looked and seen the disbelieving look on her parents' faces, decided it was time for the photoshopped, cherry-on-top of this lie, and so she brought the envelope containing the Ivy League Day poster, out of her bag and placed it down on the kitchen island.

Both of her parents stared at the envelope their daughter produced with looks of confusion, before Claudia finally reached forward and grabbed it, using her thumb to tear it open at the top.

Her facial expression went from confused to placid, and then to one of shock. She looked up at Luna, and, much to Luna's surprise and somewhat fascination, Claudia actually smiled at her.

She smiled.

At Luna!

"Oh my god." Claudia breathed out. She handed the ( fake ) flier over to her husband, whose interest in the piece of paper had now increased tenfold after seeing his wife's elated reaction to it. Leo's eyes scanned it quickly, but he still looked pretty confused.

"Don't you know what that is, Leo?" Claudia asked him, and he shook his head with an apologetic expression on his face.

"Sorry!" He apologised as his wife rolled her eyes at him.

Luna heard her mom mutter "freaking men," under her breath before Claudia made her way over to stand beside Luna.

"What it means, Leonardo," Claudia began, turning to her spouse, who pulled a face at the use of his full name. "That our daughter is already being scouted by some of the most prestigious colleges in the country."

The pride in her mom's voice wasn't something that Luna was used to, and Luna was further perturbed when she felt her mother's slim arm make its way to wrap around her shoulders. She was then brought into her mother's side for a hug.

Now her mom was actually showing her affection. Clearly Claudia knew what an Ivy League Day was, and clearly it was a big deal.

"Wow!" Leo let out, turning to Luna with an impressed expression. "That's so amazing, honey. I'm so proud of you!" He told Luna, rushing over and scooping her up in a massive hug.

Luna couldn't help but feel guilty at how happy her parents seemed to be, all based on a lie. All so she could attend a competition that they had no idea about, because she had been lying to them all year about being in the glee club.