Chapter 3

Clovers Pov:
*Crash*

Startled I look behind me to see a trash can blown over by the wind. Turning back I pull the hood of my coat over my head as best I can in a pathetic attempt to keep myself as dry as possible.

'Gosh can today get any worse' I think to myself

This morning not only did I wake up late, my time of the month started staining my pants and bed which I know will be a pain to clean when I get home.

On the bright side I think the kids could tell it was a hard start for me because they were very well behaved -more than they usually were- when getting ready for school and going to the bus stop. Even though Riley was only 4 and a half she was very smart and was able to be placed into kindergarten early.

Usually Jade would pick me up after I saw the kids get on the bus but since she wasn't going to school today I had to take the bus. I didn't mind though I was small enough no one bothered me-mostly cause they didn't see me- and I could just sit and listen to music.

There was one boy in my history class who I'm almost positive noticed my bruised cheek, but he was one of the popular boys so I knew he wouldn't care or tell anyone. I was a nobody who was only talked about if someone needed homework help.

I was almost positive that was the reason no one bullied me. They knew if they did I wouldn't be able to help them pass their classes. Not that I minded, I could put it on my college resume and it made sure my high school years didn't suck even more.

Now here I was walking in the pouring rain to the gym to help Coach Lowell. As much as I just wanted to turn around and go curl up in my bed I said I would help and I couldn't back out on my word.

Approaching the gym door I grab the handle to quickly pull it open only to realize it didn't move. Assuming I was just been my usual idiot self I tried pushing the door open however nothing worked. Looking through the glass doors I could see no one in sight and it looked quite dark inside.

Sighing I decide I had come all this way I was as least gonna see if there was another door to use. I was also freezing and soaked to the bone and just wanted to get inside. If not to do work then at least to wait out the rain.

Walking round the building I saw an alley with a door. Quickly running to the door I noticed a brick holding it open. Thanking what or whoever had given me this blessing I slipped inside the gym door.

I had only been in the gym twice and both times I didn't want to be there. Jade though seemed to have an obsession with something about this place. She had been coming to almost every boxing match since freshman year. She says it's cause she loves boxing. Sometimes I think she thinks I'm stupid though cause I know it's probably a boy that she is too scared to talk to. I don't pressure her though if she wants to tell me she can.

The boxing gym is one giant room half with workout and boxing equipment and the other half has stands for people to watch and in front is a boxing ring.

Walking in I was terrified it was dark with only a few light on in the corner.

At least if I die I can finally sleep.

"H-hello" I called out " Coach Lowell? It's Clover. I'm here to help you set up."

When I got no response I decide to look around for the snack counter. At least I could set that up.

Quickly locating it by the stands I found about 4 boxes by it which presumably held the snacks. Placing my backpack on the ground I tried to pick the top box up. Emphasis on tried. Instead of holding it like a normal person my spaghetti noodles- which some people also call arms- dropped the box.