|| 11 ||

I've always said I could never fall.

«God Only Knows» MKTO

-----

"Hello room filled with people who have somehow forced their way into my life," I greet and follow R through the window.

"Well... hello to you, too," Luke chuckles.

"You know you love us." Calum smirks.

"You have no proof," I grumble and walk over to plop down on the mattress.

"Long day?" Michael asks. I would think his concern was genuine if he didn't look so smug.

I sit to lean back on the palms of my hands. "I had to wait for R to get out of detention so that added an extra hour to my day, and somehow I got roped into helping Mrs. Rylen clean her figurine collection."

"She is the only teacher I have ever truly hated as a teacher and a human being. I mean, usually they are good at at least one, right?" Calum adds. That's true. She speaks all holy and righteous but says God will smite you if you go against teachings. She's like the classic nun you see hitting children with rulers in the old movies but smile as they walk away and go about their business.

"She's a nut," I moan. "I barely passed her class with a C- last term. I am so glad I won't have her next year." Everyone groans in agreement and the room falls silent for a moment.

"Hey, Andi. Do you know who you are gonna do your project for Berkins on?" Ashton asks.

I want to roll my eyes, but manage to restrain myself. I've just recently decided to give him another chance. Sure, we got off on the wrong foot. But the problem was that from then on, I just couldn't shake the fake pleaser vibe from him; like he was just trying to be overly friendly to me instead of being himself to make me like him. Those people I really just want to punch in the face.

But since we will be stuck together and everyone else seems to get along with him, I figure I'll suck it up and hope he warms up to me enough to be whatever dip-wad he really is like his friends have.

"Actually," I begin. "Michael! Would you want to help me with my English project?"

I've been thinking about who to do the assignment on. I was thinking R, but Mr. Berkins said it should be someone we don't really know too well. I figured I may as well do Mikey. We get along and are actually kind of friends, but I still don't really know him. I don't even know what color eyes he has, so I have everything to learn with him. Plus, he isn't a person I would mind getting to know. None of the boys really are. As for everyone else... well I would just like to keep them in the dark. That narrows my options and Michael and I are comfortable enough so it won't be awkward.

He grimaces. "English project?"

I roll my eyes. "All you would have to do is let me ask you some questions while I stare at you."

"Well that just sounds creepy," Luke mutters.

"Shut it," I snap and squirt my spray bottle between his eyes.

"I thought we hid that!" he cries and wipes his face with his sleeve.

"I put it back in hopes she would do something like that," Calum laughs.

"How did you know I wouldn't do it to you?"

"Because the rest of them think it's hidden and will not be idiots while I know it's not so I know not to piss you off."

I nod. "Not bad, Clum. I'm impressed."

He smiles, very proud of himself, and looks around at the other boys. They flip him off and we move on.