Chapter 9: Crushed emotionally or physically?

Start from the beginning

He stepped out of the elevator and went straight ahead into his father's office. Not bothering to knock, he twisted the doorknob and entered the room, welcomed by his father sitting on his chair, his back facing the direction of the door; where Yibo was standing.

Letting himself in, he shut the door behind him loudly; on purpose, such that it could make his presence clear to the older man sitting on his chair.

"Still have your mother's manners, I see" the dark voice chuckled with a hint of ignorance in the way he spoke. The thin but tall figure got up from his chair and turned towards Yibo, who was now daggering holes in his father, by his deadly stare.

"Don't drag mom in this. Get to the point, why did you call me here?" Yibo spat. "Straightforward as always.." the man mocked, grinning; making Yibo even more irritated than he already was. "Fucking spit it out! Why did you call me here, for fucks' sake?!" Yibo fumed, losing his cool at last; digging his nails in the palm of his hands, as he tried his best not to punch something, right then and there.

"Here." The man said in a dark and low voice, as he went near his work table and shoved a file in Yibo's direction. Rolling his eyes, Yibo walked up to the table and picked up the file and opened it to see what was inside of it.

Reading the papers attached to the file, Yibo's head was near exploding from rage. His grip on the file tightened as he almost threw it at his father's head and fumed off from the office, but he had to keep his cool. He stared at his father, gritting his teeth. If stares could kill, the older man would surely be 6 feet under the ground by now.

"What the fuck is this?!" Yibo yelled, throwing the file on the table, aggressively. "That's a file that I want you to work on, obviously" the man mocked, smiling bitterly. Yibo had finally had enough of his father; not being able to control his anger anymore, he aggressively grabbed his father by the collar, which caught the old man, off guard.

"Do I look like I'm in the mood to fucking joke around?! You really think I would do this shit, you fucking bastard? Well sorry not sorry to burst your bubble but I'm not doing shit written in the damned file!" Yibo raged as he jerkily let go of his father, who fell to the floor at the sudden action from his son.

Glaring at the man on the floor, Yibo huffed and stormed out of the office, leaving his father stunned and staring at the younger. All the employees and workers at the building stood in shock and fear as their boss's son stormed out of the building, in rage; looking like he could and would kill anyone who dares to come in his way.

Getting in his car and shutting the door, he tried to finally relaxed, leaning back and closing his eyes, taking in deep breaths to calm himself down. "M..Mama.." he stuttered out in a broken and feeble voice, as tears whelmed up in his eyes. Running his hands through his hair, he took deep breath and contained himself as he started the car, and gulpled down lastly, before driving off.

"Can you promise me something, baby..?"

"Yes, mama?" He asked, innocently smiling at his mother, who was running her hand through her son's hair.

"No matter what happens, always stay strong. No matter what anyone says or does, you always have to keep your head up and stay strong okay? You are one of the strongest and bravest people I know.. So don't let anyone or anything get to your head okay?" She said as she gave her son a painfully sweet smile, kissing his forehead. "Promise me that, baby" she spoke softly.

As confused as the young latter was, he knew his mother would always think for his better, so he nodded and promised his mother what she had asked of him.

A 9 year old boy, who had just promised his mother something that he never knew would be so difficult, to keep as a promise.

As he passed by the familiar streets, he decided to calm himself down by going to his mother's favorite café. Pulling off at a corner-side of the streat, he got out of his car, looking at the warm-looking café.

As he got in the place, the warm and sweet smell of coffee hit him, making him feel better instantly. The place wasn't that big, rather it was cozy and looked pleasing to the eye. He took a seat beside a window, as a sweet young lady made her way to Yibo's seat.

"What would you like to order, sir?" She asked sweetly, waiting for an answer from her customer. "I'll get a milk latte" Yibo spoke softly as the young lady nodded and bowed her head, and went back to the counter to prepare the latter's drink.

The weather was chilly, and light snow could be seen on the streets and on the rooftops of people's homes. Coming to a cozy and home-like café like this; Yibo was definitely not regretting his decision, and now knew why his mother always liked to come here with him, in winters.

As his order arrived, he sipped onto his warm drink as he looked out the window. Suddenly, his phone rang, bringing him out of his trance. Taking it out of his pocket, he looked at his screen for the caller ID and to his surprise, it was a number he not only recognized, but was fond of; not the number itself was what he was fond of, but rather, the owner of the number.

"Hi.." The caller said in a quiet voice, yet loud enough for Yibo to hear him.

"Hi Zhan.. What makes you call me all of the sudden?" Yibo said in sort of a teasing tone, smiling to himself.

"Um.. I- I just wanted to, uh.." Zhan stumbled upon his own words as he fished inside his mind, for a reasonable enough answer as to why he had called the other, but he failed as he could think of nothing other than the real reason he called Yibo.

Zhan cursed himself under his breath for not thinking of a reason beforehand, he can't just tell Yibo the real reason he called, right?

"So? You gonna say something?" Yibo joked as he chuckled upon the younger's nervousness and panic. "Yah it's fine if you didn't call for a reason, I was free anyway" Yibo quickly followed up to his previous tease.

"A-ah.. That's good then, I didn't wanna disturb you haha.." The younger nervously laughed, trying to play it off cool. "So.. Whatcha doing now adays? Your second day in Japan right, how do you like it there?" Zhan asked the other, trying to hold the conversation.

"Mn it's my second day. Well it's still like I left it a few years ago, nothing much really changed that much. Actually I was thinking of extending my stay here, since I have work in only Tokyo, I wanted to go to other cities too, for a change of environment" Yibo said, sipping on his drink.

"H- huh?!" Zhan was surprised at the older's statement, but he quickly tried to cover up for himself, as he didn't want the other to get the wrong idea. "I- I mean, that's great..! You should stay there as long as you want..hah" Zhan again laughed nervously, feeling a sting in his heart.

"Something wrong?" Yibo asked, curious as to why Zhan was acting this way, out of no where.

"Oh.. No, nothing's wrong, I was just thinking about some stuff about my album y'know.. Um.. I'll get going now, you enjoy yourself there! Bye" Zhan spoke, hurriedly cutting off the call and gulping down the lump stuck in his throat.

'Weird..' Yibo thought as the younger had suddenly cut off the call. Brushing off the weird feeling he had, he stood up from his seat and paid for his drink as he had already finished it. Pocketing his phone, he went out of the café, getting in his car.

Turning on his car, he started driving back to the hotel he was staying at. As he was driving, he spotted a white colored car coming his way, from the opposite direction. He tried to change the direction of his car, but before he had the opportunity to do so, the white car already crashed into his.

• • • • • • •

~End of Chapter 9~