t w e n t y (e p i l o g u e)

It had been fifteen years. Fiteen years since Lily and Percy had gotten married. Twelve since he had agreed to her suggestions to go to grief counseling. And nine since he had finally stopped blaming himself for Fred's death.

They had two beautiful children. Both twins. Both redheads. Both trouble-makers, known around Hogwarts as mini-versions of Fred and George. Molly Fred Weasley, and Olive Connor Weasley.

They didn't shift back to the Burrow, but they lived near it, so that they could visit Molly and Arthur whenever they wanted but still have the privacy they wanted.

"Did I ever tell you why it took the Sorting Hat so long to put me in Gryffindor?" Percy asked as Lily gladly took a plate of food after returning from one of her practices.

"Livvie and I begged you to tell us, but you never did." she pouted. "Why?"

"The Sorting Hat tried very hard to convince me that I belonged in Slytherin. We argued for a good two minutes until I declared I didn't care what the Hat decided; I was going to go sit with Bill and Charlie at the Gryffindor table, and that was that." he laughed lightly at the memory.

"Why am I not surprised?" Lily asked with a small grin.

"That I almost got put in Slytherin or that I argued my way into becoming a Gryffindor?"

"Both." she laughed. "Arguing with a hat to get what he wanted? Definitely a Percy Weasley trait. And with the ambition you possessed ever since I first met you, and after you showed me your List, I actually did think there was good chance you'd end up in Slytherin." she shrugged.

"Really?"

"Really." she grinned, cuddling up with him on the sofa. "Minnie sent a letter today. Aparently, Molly and Olive have been changing all the gargoyle statues into Puffskeins." she laughed, shaking her head. "It's hilarious."

"They definitely get that from you." Percy snorted.

"But you're not mad." Lily teased. "You'll forgive them for anything wouldn't you? For the sole reason that their first words were 'dada'."

"Their second was 'mama'. Second place isn't so bad, Weasley." Percy teased, and Lily shoved him jokingly, "How was practice?"

"The usual. Ginny and I are planning on meeting day after for brunch." she answered. "How was work? With Kingsley retiring... did he settle on a replacement yet?"

"He did, actually." Percy quipped, sitting up straight on the sofa.

"And? Who is it?"

"You're married to him." Percy grinned.

Lily's eyes widened as she sat up as well, her mouth dropping in awe. "No way. He gave you the position?"

The man nodded proudly. "You are now looking at the next Minister of Magic."

"This is great! You've worked so hard for this Perce!" she squealed, kissing him. "Merlin. I'm so happy for you." she pulled away, exhilarated. It had been all Percy had wanted since he was eight years old. She knew. Seeing the man she loved so happy made her happy.

"How about you show me just how happy you are upstairs?" Percy mumbled, his hands slipping under her shirt. Lily gasped as he kissed her neck, slightly nibbling on her skin.

She pulled away, smirking. "Mr. Weasley, are you trying to seduce me?"

"Depends. Is it working, Mrs. Weasley?" he asked, wiggling his eyebrows.

"Maybe." Lily smirked, winding her legs around him as they continued kissing each other on the couch. Percy then picked them up, heading to their room.

It was a good thing that they hadn't shifted into the Burrow after getting married. Because if anyone was to hear the sounds coming out of their room that night, well, it would be safe to say that they'd never look at the happy couple the same way ever again.

And on the mantle of the living room sat a book that Lily had managed to retrieve from the Room of Requirement. A Potions textbook belonging to the Half-Blood Prince.

Word count: 630