f o u r t e e n

"Ginny? In the Chamber of Secrets?" Percy asked incredulously. "Is she alright?" he looked around in alarm. She and Harry were both in the Hospital Wing. Ginny unconscious, Harry not.

"She's fine. Harry saved her." McGonagall assured. "Madame Pomfrey will let you see her shortly. I think you and Mr. Wood should attend the end of term feast, yes?"

Percy wanted to argue with her, to tell her that he wasn't leaving until he saw his sister or Lily up and running but he merely nodded, and let Oliver lead him to the dining hall.

"I know how you feel." Ron said quietly. "Hermione is petrified too." he said, nibbling on the edge of his bread halfway into the meal.

As if right on cue, the doors burst open and the bushy haired brunette appeared. Ron and Harry both leaped out of their seats as she ran and hugged them.

Oliver's head snapped towards Percy. "You know what this means, right?"

Percy nodded. "Why isn't she here yet? Do you think she went somewhere else?"

The brunette shrugged but both of them had already made their way outside the Great Hall. "You check the Astronomy Tower, I'll go check the Gryffindor roof." he said decidedly and the two split ways.

When Lillian Ariana Smith had come to, she had no idea what had happened to her. It was as if all time had frozen for her. She had still heard everything that went on around her, seen everything that went on around her, but no matter what she did, nothing could make her move. That's why, when she finally could, she went to the one place she knew no one would ever be on the last day before the end of term feast.

Percy breathed a sigh of relief when he saw the red haired girl sitting under the railings of the Astronomy Tower balcony. It was probably the highest point inside the castle. Her hair was moving along with the wind, whipping against her face as she stared into oblivion with her legs dangling off the edge. He came to a stop just a yard away from her.

"Lily?"

Her head turned and her face brightened at the sight of the boy.

"Hi Perce." she smiled, patting the seat next to her. "Come."

"Are you aware how dangerously close you are to falling?" he asked, not moving.

Lily turned around, grinning with a slightly annoyed look. "You see me for the first time in weeks - maybe months, I wouldn't know - and this is what you have to say?" she asked, standing up. Only when she stood up it was on the other side of the railing. Her feet and hands were still on the floor and railing. "Oh no, I had no idea that half my body isn't even in the building and that I could fall at any given time." she said playfully.

"Lil that's not funny." Percy took another step closer to her, dead serious.

"Look Percy!" she hooted as she leaned away from the railing, balancing on one foot as the other floated in the air, with only one arm around the railing and one hand waving wildly with the wind.

"Stop it!" he snapped, in an instant he had her on the right side of the railing with his arms safely around her. He pulled her closer.

"What'd you do that for?" Lily asked with a small frown. "I'm not suicidal in the least. Calm down."

"You're right." he laughed darkly, leaning away just a little. "You're a danger-seeking idiot."

"Hey!" she protested with a pout. "It was just harmless fun."

"I've been so worried." he sighed in relief, resting his forehead against hers. "You have no idea how much. I spent-"

"Three entire weeks helping Pammy and Poppy with the Mandrake Draught?" she laughed, referring to their Herbology Professor. "It was mentioned during conversation." she looked up and cupped Percy's face. "But I'm fine now, see?"