She turned around, coming face to face with Draco Malfoy, the same annoying brat who had bought his way onto Slytherin's Quidditch team. Except he was much taller now, and looked a lot more mature.

A small part of Lily was secretly happy that he wasn't still sporting that hideous bowl-cut of his.

Last she'd heard, Draco had turned into a Death Eater. But the look on his face, the broken look on his face wasn't one of a murderer, or even a cruel person. He looked absolutely torn.

She moved past the lot of Slytherins and into the Potions room, desperately searching for what she knew was there. Severus Snape had left her a memory. She just had to find it. Once she did, she pocketed it and decided to make her way to the Room of Requirement.

Lily was on her toes the entire time. Until she heard a staggered scream and a slight thud. Her eyes trailed down to the body that lied in front of her, limp and lifeless. A body belonging to Terrence Higgs. Funnily enough, that wasn't even what rendered the girl grief-stricken. It was the man standing above the body that terrified her.

"Murph?" she asked with a small squeak. "What in the world?" she fell by Terrence's dead body, trying to shake him. "This is crazy. I'm going crazy." she muttered to herself, rubbing her eyes before having the courage to look up again.

"Told you I'd see you soon." Murphy smirked, stepping closer to the vulnerable girl.

Lily breathed, shooting to her feet with her wand drawn.

"You're not a Muggle." she breathed.

"Ten points to Gryffindor." the blonde smirked, not at all fazed by her aggressive stance. "I'm a Durmstrang student myself you see. And Igor Karkaroff's taught me quite a few things." his finger slid up his wand.

"But Woldingham's-"

Murphy scoffed. "Woldingham's was just a front. Nothing a little magic couldn't fix." he shrugged, strolling casually. "You see, the Dark Lord knows all about you. In fact, when we were twenty two, he asked me to... eliminate you. To leave Snape with no more soft spots."

Lily's throat ran dry. "That's the Christmas I brought Percy along for Christmas." she whispered.

Murphy made a face. "Right. The pesky ginger. Never really liked him." he shuddered before continuing nonchalantly. "Why are you standing like that?"

Lily was still in her dueling stance, ready to strike. "You killed Terrence." she said. "You killed my friend."

"And what are you going to do about it Lily?" Murphy smirked.

"I'm going to kill you." her voice trembled as she said those words.

Murphy pouted. "Are you sure? Do you really have the guts to do it Lil?" Murphy asked, making his way toward her, until he was only an inch away from the tip of her wand. "Would you really kill your best friend? Who you've known since longer than two decades?" he asked in a soft voice.

Lily hesitated.

"Would you kill the same boy who built igloos with you and your brother since you were seven?"

She gulped, closing her eyes, trying to get him out of her head.

"What would Oliver say?" he asked with a snarl.

"Oliver would say fuck you Brown!" a voice called out from behind Lily and before she could even turn Murphy was sent flying across the room. He smashed against a wall before falling to the ground, unconscious.

"Livvie!" Lily gasped as she saw Oliver Wood standing at the end of the hallway. He ran to her side, looking at Murphy with furious eyes.

"What the bloody hell?" he asked, looking at Lily.