s e v e n t e e n

Beginne am Anfang

"Oh..." Lily trailed off uncertainly. 

Ron straightened up as Hermione emerged into the tent. "Excuse me."

"Hey." Charlie frowned, approaching the befuddled girl. "You're not supposed to be by yourself, remember?" he put his goblet down, taking her hand. "Come on. We're dancing. Right now." and without waiting for a response he pulled her to the dance floor.

Lily laughed as they danced wildly to a hit by The Weird Sisters. "Thank you for this Charles." she grinned. "It really does make me feel better."

"Anything for a sister." he winked, spinning her around. "You know, I was a little sceptical about Bill getting married in the middle of the war, but it's not quite so bad."

"I know these aren't the best times Charlie, but we've got to continue enjoying the good things life offers, right? I mean, look at this wedding, and all the happy faces. Bill and Fleur might have wanted to get married, but let's face it, we all need this." her green eyes danced with the lights bouncing off them as she and Charlie twirled around.

"You're right." he agreed. "With Dumbledore gone..."

However, he didn't get to complete that thought as the tent went dark and a blue ball of light swooped in, freezing in the middle of the dance floor. The music paused. Everyone stopped what they were doing. Most gasped. Charlie stood in front of Lily protectively. Lily froze, an ill feeling taking over her.

There was a moment of silence before a voice resonated out of the ball.

"The Ministry has fallen. The Minister of Magic is dead. They are coming. They are coming. They are coming..."

The ball of light disappeared. The tent errupted into babble.

"Th- that was Shacklebolt's voice." Lily stuttered. "How can Rufus Scrimgeour be dead? Who's coming?" she asked, panicking as her breath trembled.

"Calm down. Everything's going to be alright, okay?" he said, looking into her eyes as he held her shoulders. "We just need to-"

And then everyone went into absolute chaos. It all seemed to happen so suddenly Lily couldn't even think. People were disapparating. Windows were catching on fire.

"Death Eaters." she whispered, as Fenrir Greyback appeared in front of them. "Charlie, DOWN!" she yelled just as the two ducked and Greyback aimed a spell in their direction, missing them.

Lily was no longer frozen as she pulled out her wand.

"You insolent toerag!" she yelled, "REDUCTO!" and the werewolf flew, back.

"Come on, we need to leave." Charlie said urgently. "And I don't have my wand, great. Left it in Bill's changing room of all places." he muttered angrily.

"But everyone else-"

"LILY, APPARATE. NOW." he said, his eyes wide. Lily had never seen the dragon trainer so livid before. She took his hand, closing her eyes as they disappeared into thin air.

The two appeared in an empty hallway, in a building that Lily hadn't been to in quite a while. Charlie breathed, clutching her closer. "We're fine. Everything's fine." he breathed, stroking her head as Lily's emotions caught up with her.

"But everyone else. Harry, Ginny, Ron and Hermione. They're just seventeen." she said, breathing in and out deeply as she fretted anxiously.

"Ginny's fine. I saw her disapparate with Bill and Fleur. Ron and his friends are okay too." he assured, hushing into her ear as she hugged him, tears streaming down her eyes. "Where are we?" he asked, looking around, desperate to get the girl to focus on something else.