"Mrs. Weasley? I've got a delivery of fresh Valerian Sprigs for y-" Lily stopped abruptly in the doorway. "You're supposed to be at school." she gasped, looking at the people sitting on the dining table.

"And here I thought Lil wasn't going to get any more mature. You sound like mum." George mused, getting up and hugging her. "Hello to you too."

She ignored the taunt as she hugged Fred. "Doesn't change the fact that you're supposed to be hundreds of miles away." Lily glared. "What're you doing here?"

"They got expelled." Molly Weasley said tiredly, coming down the staircase, "Oh! You got me the plants, thank you dear."

"No problem." Lily said, a little confused as she handed the woman the bag, turning towards the twins who were already grinning mischievously. "What did you even do to get expelled?"

"Turn the fifth floor into a swamp." Fred answered.

"Disrupted the OWLs." George grinned.

"Had Umbridge chased by a firework dragon." Fred continued.

"And made our debut of Weasley Products." George finished.

Lily slapped her hand over her mouth. "No way. You actually did that? Wicked!" she breathed in exhilaration. They'd told her all about Umbridge and her methods of 'punishment'. Lily had never been more disgusted by anyone before. Thankfully, at least according to Percy, no one in the Ministry seemed to like her very much either. "I can't believe I'm going to say this, but I'm proud of you two." she hugged them both.

"Funny. That's not what mum said." Fred laughed.

"We even gave Lee a few Nifflers to put in her office as a bonus before we left." George winked.

Lily burst out laughing. "You two are absolutely unbelievable." she shook her head, slightly impressed. "But what about your N.E.W.T.s?"

"We never wanted to give them anyway. We only went back for our seventh year 'cause mum wanted us to." George shrugged. "We always had other plans after graduation."

"In fact, we're already working on the opening of our shop in Diagon Alley. How do you feel about the name 'Weasley's Wizard Wheezes'?" Fred slung his arm around her shoulders.

"I think it's absolutely brilliant." Lily grinned. "I'll make sure I talk about it in my next interview. That should get you a decent amount of publicity."

"Right. I almost forgot you're the same Lily Smith who plays for the Harpies." Fred rolled his eyes sarcastically. "But yes, I suppose it would help." he smiled gratefully.

_____

"Percy you can't just ignore them for the rest of your life! They're your family!" Lily yelled crossing over the room to the man. "So what if you were wrong? You can't leave them like this!"

"I don't care whether I leave them or not." Percy said stubbornly. "I'm not apologizing. They're still traitors."

"Perce for once in your life, disregard your ego." Lily pleaded. "Just make amends."

"You don't know what it's like, okay? Being a third child who no one even cared about except when I became prefect."

"We both know that's a lie. Your parents love you just the same, your mom even more than the others."

"You don't know what it's like." he scowled, looking away. "Just because you have an easy life..."

"Easy life?" Lily scoffed, feeling a blow to her heart as she stepped back, hurt. "You think my life is easy?"

"Precisely."

"I was abandoned at an orphanage as a newborn, Percy. My brother died because of a bloody muggle disease. My birth mother didn't want me, my biological father is a Death Eater, who I haven't spoken to since Christmas and I have a half-brother who can't even know we're related! He had one person to look up to. Sirius. And now even he's dead. Mum tried to jump off a bloody building, and I had to wipe her and dad's memories away. Do you know how agonizing it is, going into that house, while they have no idea they even had a son? When there's no existence of my brother? That no one even knew he bloody existed?" she breathed, her face going red with anger. "I tried to smile my way through it and focus on Quidditch. I tried to pretend as if I wasn't torn between choosing you or your family. And then you go ahead and say that I have an easy life?" she cried, falling apart on the floor.

"And you didn't tell me anything that went on at the Burrow. You didn't tell me about the Order, or that my parents kept a convict in their house and were still in constant contact with him. Hell you even joined the entire traitor lot! You kept leeching information off me. That's why you kept asking about me right? To know what went on in the Ministry?" he asked with a hard stare. "You were just as much of a traitor as the rest of them if not more."

Lily looked up at him with tear-stained cheeks. Then she stood up.

There was silence throughout the apartment as the sound of Lily slapping Percy bounced off the walls.

"Fuck you, Percy Weasley." she whispered, her voice trembling from her tears and the flurry of emotions going through her at that moment.

Without a word, she picked up her coat, walking for the door because she was too tired to disapparate.

"Where are you going?" Percy asked, looking at the redhead in alarm.

"I can't stay here anymore." she mumbled stiffly.

"You're not leaving." he said decidedly. "You're not going to run away from this one."

"Oh yeah? Watch me." she said stubbornly, crossing the room.

"If you walk out that door right now, it's over Lil. We're over." Percy said without emotion as Lily's hand froze over the doorknob. "Four years together. It all ends if you leave right now."

Lily's eyes spurted soundless tears which steadily flowed down her cheeks. She knew what she had to do. She knew why she had to do it. And she knew that once she did it, there was no going back.

Five minutes later, Percy Ignatius Weasley heard the sound of a door creak shut.

Word count: 1663