It was a lazy Saturday afternoon at the Burrow as Lily and Percy lied down by the banks of the river flowing next to it. Lily had always loved the place. She loved that it was amidst nature, and that it was so far away from anyof the towns. She could practice Quidditch all day without worrying about any muggles noticing.

"You remember the Yule Ball we went to in our fourth year?" Percy asked, playing with Lily's hair.

"Hard to forget." the girl chuckled, "I must say, not the best memories. Why?"

"I just remembered how absolutely breathtaking you looked." he grinned adorably, kissing the top of her head. "Green really is your colour."

"Yet you didn't even ask me to go with you." Lily scoffed jokingly.

"Only because I thought you were going with someone else. I'm still jealous of Higgs for that night you know."

"Don't you think I would've told you and Livvie as soon as I agreed to go with someone? Dummy." she playfully hit his head and Percy narrowed his eyes, pouting slightly.

"I am not a dummy."

"Right. You're quite smart." Lily admitted.

Percy grinned.

"And pompous."

"Hey!" he frowned.

"And I love you more than anything." she squeezed his hand, looking up at him with an adoring gaze.

"Not possible, because I love you more than anything." he brought their knotted hands together and kissed her knuckles. "You have no idea how much."

"If you say so." Lily smirked in a playful tone. "How's work at the Ministry?" she asked, closing her eyes against Percy's chest, listening to his heartbeat as he held her in a close embrace, her fiery red hair falling all over him.

"Stressful." the man heaved a sigh. "Ever since Harry started spreading those hideous rumours, the press won't leave the Ministry alone."

"Perce, maybe your family has a point." Lily said, a small frown etched upon her face as she opened her eyes and propped herself on her elbows. "I'm happy you got such a huge promotion and all, but don't you think it's too soon for anyone working in the Ministry? We're barely twenty. And Crouch still thinks your name is Weatherby."

Percy sat up and Lily followed. "What are you trying to say?"

"I'm just saying - think about it." she said understandingly. "At the Quidditch World Cup finals, wasn't there a Death Eater attack? We all saw the symbol in the sky. And Harry came back with that other Hogwarts Champion's dead body. You really think he'd kill someone?"

"I believe the Minister. And if the Minister says that Harry is spreading lies, he's spreading lies." he pursed his lips into a line.

"He's scared Perce, don't you see? Your dad is right. It's just a ploy to keep tabs on them through you, and inevitably Dumbledore. You're smart. You must know that."

"Are we really going to argue over this right now?."

"I'm not arguing, I'm trying to have a mature conversation with you." Lily said calmly.

"And I'm going to maturely walk away from this 'mature' conversation." he said stiffly, walking inside the Burrow. Lily followed him with a sigh, deciding to talk to him about it later that night.

Unfortunately, that time never came.

Because that night, there was absolute havoc at the Burrow after dinner. Words were said, a couple of plates were broken, objects were thrown across the room and the redheads' faces had all gone red. It ended with Percy storming to his room before declaring that he was leaving for good. Lily was torn between the two sides. Nevertheless, she followed him.