Lily's eyes widened.

"Yeah Terrence." Patricia said, her eyes doe-like. "You wouldn't want to be known as a... blood traitor, would you?"

Terrence looked like he had had enough of their talking. "You want to know what I think? That Lily is a witch with magic flowing through her veins, just like the rest of us. And she's far better at Potions than you two could ever be. So scram." he glared at them with a fierce scowl.

Patricia just rolled her eyes before tugging Marcus along with her.

Lily was still in shock. Terrence slowly squeezed her hand, snapping her back to reality.

"Are you okay?" he asked softly, looking into her emerald green eyes.

"Um, yeah, I'm fine." Lily gulped. "They've just, never been so public about calling me that before." she admitted, taking a deep breath.

"Ignore them. They're stupid to be involved with all the pureblood mania shit."

Lily didn't know why, but she cracked a smile. "You really aren't like the rest of them, are you?"

"What can I say? All I'm cunning regarding is my brilliant Quidditch strategies."

Lily giggled, her mood getting better already.

"Do you want to go to the Ball with me?"

The question was so off topic that it took about five seconds for it to register into Lily's brain. Even then, she just stared at him, confused. "Huh?"

"The Yule Ball. Do you want to be my date?"

Lily had become so close to the boy in the past week that she didn't know how to tell him that she was thinking about asking Percy. She felt almost guilty to say it aloud.

"Terrence, I-"

"You don't have to answer right now. Take all the time you need. Preferably by tomorrow, since the Ball is in another five days." he grinned sheepishly, paying for both their Butterbeers.

"Are you sure-"

"I'm sure Lily." he said gently, again looking into her eyes with that adoring gaze of his.

The girl's throat ran dry as he gave her hand one last squeeze and walked out of the inn. Lily sat there for a minute, still trying to process recent events until she made up her mind to go meet her two best friends, who she hadn't seen in almost a week.

Fortunately, she saw Oliver coming out of the Quidditch changing room after what seemed like a solo practice.

"Livvie!" she cried with relief, rushing over and hugging the brunette.

"Carrots!" the boy chuckled in glee, squeezing her before pulling away. "You're alive!"

"Of course I am." Lily snorted.

And then, it looked as if something had just struck him. "You didn't tell us you were going to the Ball with that Durmstrang boy. Not going to lie, I thought you'd tell us." he pouted, looking slightly hurt.

"That's the point!" Lily groaned in exasperation. "I have no idea who started that bloody rumour. I've hardly talked to you or Perce in the last few days since the Ball was announced. You really think I'm going to have time to go around playing smoochies with some Durmstrang?"

Oliver looked at her before bursting out laughing. "I'm sorry, did you just say 'playing smoochies'?" he doubled over, clutching his stomach. "Oh Merlin." he kept laughing. "I'm so glad that's not true. Who're you thinking of taking?"