32 - Tough Decisions

Keisha

"Keisha, I'm so sor-" I stopped him before he could finish the shit he was about to say.
"Marco, I know you told me about this and I totally get it. But why! Why didn't you check up on him. If you had done that, you would have saved him. Thank you. I can't turn you in. I just can't. Mum, everything is up to you." I said to them both and went upstairs to my room.

After I left mum to decide on what she was gonna do to Marco, I just felt bad.
I loved Marco as a friend and I didn't want to let him go to jail. On the other hand, I love dad very much too and I know I said I was gonna seek revenge but all this is too much for me.
All this thinking was making my head hurt, so I turned on my speakers, connected them to my phone and played some songs to help me calm down.

The songs made me feel better and without knowing I fell asleep.

I woke up to my phone ringing. It was Betty. Why the fuck is she calling me now?
I just threw my phone somewhere and slept again. I couldn't sleep very well because yesterday's memories kept flooding in my head.
A part of me hopes mum lets him go - that's my good side - the other part of me hopes Marco goes to jail and rots over there.
This is very tough. Neither mum nor I want Marco to go but I don't really know what she ended up telling him. This is a very tough decision to make and since I'm the kid here and mum's the adult, I think she has the right to decide over this.

All this thinking was killing me so I got up and took a quick shower.
I came out of my bathroom in my towel. I dried my hair and put lotion all over my body.
I wore a black dress which wasn't really long and I headed downstairs for breakfast.

Mum was nowhere to be seen and I didn't want to call her after what happened yesterday.
I guess I have to make breakfast then.
Instead of making breakfast, I remember that we have a box of cereal, so I grabbed a bowl along with the cereal and poured some into the bowl.
I opened the fridge and grabbed the milk. I poured some into the bowl which had the cereal in it, then I put it back in the fridge.
After I was done, I picked up a spoon and dug in.
The cereal was so yummy.
As I was washing the dishes, mum appeared.

"Hey Keisha." she said to me.

"Hey mum." I said back to her.

She seemed a little happy. I wanted to ask her about her decision but I was scared that she might be mad and yell at me so I kept quiet.
She ended up telling me about everything.

"Marco, is like a son to me. He was your boyfriend. He was and is a good boy. Sending him to jail just seems like I'm destroying his entire life which he has to live. I don't want that. We all know he was responsible for the accident but I just couldn't put him in jail. I let him go. He is not going to jail. His parents already know about this." she said whiles tears kept flowing from her eyes.

I stood up and embraced her in a warm hug. I am not mad at her for letting Marco go.
It was a very tough decision to make but I guess we did what we knew was best.

As we pulled apart from our warm hug, the doorbell rang.

I wonder who that is. We aren't expecting anyone here today.

Mum went over to the door and opened it. There stood the mailman. I guess there was a mail for us.
Mum gladly took the mail, said bye and and shut the door.
I was very curious because we don't usually get mails.
I told mum to open it so she did.

It was a mail from school.

We both read the letter together and we weren't quite pleased with what we saw.
Exams were approaching and students have to pay the rest of their fees before they can participate in the exams.

What the fuck!?

We just stared at each other till I broke the silence.

"Mum, its okay. This term has not been good. I don't remember anything from school so I don't think we should waste money on the exams." I said to my mum whiles trying hard not too cry in front of her.

I really did want to write the exams but everything that's happened lately, is just making me forget everything about school.
In fact, my life has been filled with a lot hurt and pain.

Mum wanted me to take the exams. She was willing to do everything in her power to make that happen but everything they teach in school doesn't stick in my head so I mean its gonna be a waste of money and time.

If I agree to what mum wants, then we will have to do something in order to get some money for it. I also have to start learning now. Bruh, this is so tiring.

Life is really full of horrible and tough decisions. I really wonder what we should do so, we can get money.
On Instagram, I see young teens sell clothes, bags, shoes, accessories and all that online.
Most people sell food.

Aha!

An idea just popped up in my head

Since mum is really good at cooking, I can create an Instagram page and then we will showcase everything there and get customers. All this involves money. We need money for equipment, and many other things.

Decisions these days are really hard to make. I wish our lives were just as simple as others.
I guess God really has a reason for everything that goes on.

God please we need help!

.

.

.

.

Chapter 32

Y'all thanks very much for everything!

Happy New Years! 🎉🌌🎊

I'm very grateful for y'all who have supported and stayed by me till now. I'm really happy and I wish to see more votes, comments and all that.

Thank you once again.

Love you! 😍💛

Next Chapter: Lemonades